2 hours ago, Gel said:

I suspect the nut you speak of is captive ?

That's quite serious rot Simon....means you'll have to spend more than anticapted.

Yep, and be without the old girl for longer :(

48 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Yeah it's a shame because egs use a cast spacer there which can be replaced but part of the shell on M's.

are you in it for the long haul??

Will make things more tricky then blowupsmiley.gif

I am... I keep questioning whether it's worth it, but to be honest I can't be bothered with starting the journey on another car, as tubs was pretty much set up how I like it, and there's been too many folk on here over the years who've moved on from an M and regretted it afterwards. 

I've already got the parts I need to sort her out, just need to get the work done. 

It's turning into more of a restoration now though than a repair. shrug.gif1

• Like 3

Thing is Simon, the Aerodecks are getting pretty rare now, even more so in VTi form so I'd say she is deffo worth saving. Old Tubs has a lot of history with you and Karen, and with Civic5 aswell! Think she's been on most if not all of our Scottish Civic5 meets?

I had a good look under DD after the MOT guy said she was clean but there was signs of rust at that front foot well seam. I panicked and got stuck straight in, grinding out the rust before treating it then giving the whole floor a nice fresh coat of underseal. Still want to get back under there to do the rear section of floor and the whip the front wings off to do the inner wings, sill covers also coming off to have a look in there although I suspect she's pretty solid there going by the jacking points (they look perfect) aswell as the rear arches all being free from bubbles so far. It's a labour of love with these old Civic M's now.

So glad to see the love being splashed on Tubs, she deserves it! Keep us updated on it mate 8-)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a date for the welding... 23rd October... Looks like a couple of weeks work [smash.gif]

Then it's back to fuel fixing, service, brake caliper refurbish, disks n pads, and back on the road, then to the body shop. :ph34r:

Taking so long to get my baby sorted, and probably going to end up costing around what I paid for her 13 years ago badidea.gif1

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

But then youll have the satisfaction of driving something different to all the other bland modern boxes on the road.....and being able to blow them away! 

Plus theres the love youve built up with tubs.

• Like 2