Update from the welders... 

We have got all the sill done on drivers side got half the chassis rail done on drivers side.. We have a new shape fiesta half a shell which we are cutting up Monday and we are going to use the spare wheel well out of that to make repair sections for yours.. We have been wait to see what we need to use off this fiesta shell and we don't néed the wheel well.... We are waiting on repair section getting delivered sometime next week to do the passenger side sill. 

Slowly coming on, I'm going to get some photos sent over this week. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Welding work is all complete.  Inner and outer cills sorted, rust cut out from spare wheel well and repair sections fitted, inner rear arch on driver's side cut out and repaired, underneath cleaned up and undersealed, rear quarter windows refitted to hopefully stop the leak. 

Next back to the mechanics to get fuel tank and lines, refurbished calipers (and disks and pads) fitted, full service and timing belt done. 

Then on to the body shop for some fresh paint (when I get her booked in) 

Some pics of her belly.... 

IMG_20200106_092344.jpg

IMG_20200106_092355.jpg

IMG_20200106_092416.jpg

• Like 2

Loving the work that's going into her mate. Proper restoration, will make her good as new again and future proof too. Tubs is well on her way to her come back tour! 8-)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

Loving the work that's going into her mate. Proper restoration, will make her good as new again and future proof too. Tubs is well on her way to her come back tour! 8-)

Hope so mate, I reckon by the time it's all done I won't have driven it for a year :shock: 

• Sad 2

jeese, that's a hella long time to have been without Tubs! Good thing is though that with all that cycling you've done in that year you'll be a lot fitter when you do drive her again lol :-D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Looking good mate you happy with it?

Yeah, think so. I wish that he'd took some photos to show the work he'd done, but I'd been down a couple of times and saw what was going on / parts to fit etc. 

Kicking myself for not getting the underseal done 10 years ago when it was still fresh. 

Want to get the suspension arms etc powder coated and poly bushed, but think that'll be when she's getting painted. 

• Like 1