7 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Back of the net. Found somewhere that can get it done now... Look like a good fit. 

https://www.classicandretroautos.co.uk/home.html

Don't know how I haven't seen them before, they're only about 10 miles away. 

They can get it picked up fairly soon :geek:

Hope that this works out okay. 

Actually quite excited now. These guys sound like they know their stuff, and are keen to get it turned around... Might get it back on the road soon ecstatic.gif1

• Like 1

Thats awesome news mate!! Tubs willbe making her return to the road soon by the sounds of it!! She can join DD (took her in for MOT even though we have the 6 mnth extension, as I wanted her done at my local garage before we move on friday). Needed handbrake adjusted (which I knew about but tools are all packed away again so got them to do it) advisory on the trailing arm bushes again (says theyre still good for at least another year, and again, I already knew about them) and a very small oil leak from sump. And thats it! shes passed and driving amazingly well. Not bad for an old 20yr old!

• Like 1

cry.gif1

Had a call from the new garage who've basically condemned what was done before, and said it needs thousands spending and that they don't think it's worth it. Going down to take a look. 

• Sad 1

The old girl is not in a happy state. Work that the last place did needs redoing, and much more. I'm waiting to find out a list of unicorn parts that I need to find.

One thing that it needs is the rear cross member, which is discontinued.  I'm wondering whether a dc2 / eg one would do the job because of braces etc fitting. @KiNK43 would you know from your eg days? 

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

The old girl is not in a happy state. Work that the last place did needs redoing, and much more. I'm waiting to find out a list of unicorn parts that I need to find.

One thing that it needs is the rear cross member, which is discontinued.  I'm wondering whether a dc2 / eg one would do the job because of braces etc fitting. @KiNK43 would you know from your eg days? 

When you say cross member?  What we talking about? The sort of subframe area the arms bolt too?

40 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

When you say cross member?  What we talking about? The sort of subframe area the arms bolt too?

Yeah, that's the one. IMG-20200528-WA0010.jpg