Think I'm too far in to turn back now.. Means my painting plans are going to have to be scaled right back though. 

Might ask depend on what bits I can still buy and what they can fabricate. Things like the cross member, if I can get one that the suspension etc still fits to, but needs a bit of butchering to fit to the car, then that might be what has to happen. 

That's bad mate, garage should be sued. 

BUT, i watch Car SOS with that arsehole, smarmy git Tim Shaw. They rebuild s**t heaps that have been sitting dor 30 years etc and are held together by pubic hair. Anything can be done mate, just homework and a good understanding garage can resurrect her. 

At the end of the day it's only metal, and metal can be cut and welded. You love the car and once all done, will last another 20 years! 

Easy for me to say, im not in your position, but IF your that far involved with the car, keep going!

• Like 1

Im only gonna say this because I've been watching rust valley on Netflix. When shells far gone.. they convince owner to resell and use all there bits to keep the spirit.

I recon you could find a pretty tidy rolling shell for 400 quid. People just want the heart out of them.

And swap all your bits over?????

• Like 1

Dunno, not many on ebay being broken, and I'm wary of going down that route. Only one deck autotrader, and one on ebay, but doesn't feel right killing another to keep mine if you know what I mean. If there was a Pb one with a blown engine or something then it would be an easier decision. 

words toitally escape me mate, absolutely gutted to see Tubs looking like that. ou need to sue the arse out of that company, trading standards the lot need to be on this mate! I have seen lots of bodged work over the years but that is by far one of the worst. Considering what they charged you for a "restoration" they need shut down. I'd happily go down there and smack the welder and the owner of the place in the mouth as I'm disgusted what they done to your car. Please feel free to name and shame them on our FB page too mate, social media has a funny way of dishing our karma, and they are due a bucket load (make that a rusty bucket load) of karma for that.

I know how much you love that car, and what she means to you. Jake makes a good point though about transplanting all the good stuff from her onto a good shell. Might be worth thinking about, although knowing how much you've put into her and your love for her know you'll probably stick to your guns and save Tubs. As also said, have seen loads of cars on Car suasage that were way worse than Tubs being saved, although it all depends on cost I suppose. Cars they were saving were worth a lot of money restored, whereas our civics are still only worth £2 to 2.5K tops when mint, maybe 3k at a push. But if you've no intention of selling her anytime soon, then would still be worth saving. Think there's a lot of hours work in there though, undoing all the shite that that crap garage  

• Like 1

It's a blessing that it failed the mot. To be honest. 

I'm going to sleep on it, and to be honest if there was a good shell to be had I might be tempted to go for that, but the worry is that they'll all be starting to go. 

• Like 1

I think if you were to go that route  Facebook is your friend. I can ask about aswell.

Such a shame. 

I understand the fear that they are starting to go but I genuinely think most are fairly good. Tubs must have had bad material for some reason. everythings gone. So bizarre

11 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

I think if you were to go that route  Facebook is your friend. I can ask about aswell.

Such a shame. 

I understand the fear that they are starting to go but I genuinely think most are fairly good. Tubs must have had bad material for some reason. everythings gone. So bizarre

Yeah, might be worth getting back on Facebook for. Cheers Jake, would appreciate that. 

I don't think her sitting around for so long has done her any favours. 

There are deffo  still good shells out there mate, although not all are vti's. Have seen quite a few needing weldin now, but there are still those that have never been welded and don't need any. If you can find one with a duff engine (hard as we all know they are pretty bullet proof) or even one where panels like wings/doors/bonnet/hatch are rough so being sold cheap would be the ideal base. Must be one out there somewhere. In an ideal world, if you could find another pirates black shell, then you could break Tubs (much as In hate saying that) and then try and keep her reg as a private plate? Not sure how that works but would be nice to dave the reg and put it on your new one?