5 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

It's normal for only one wheel to turn I can assure you that. I've had loads of LSD boxes over the years and all do that including my current one.

And that works just fine 

Cheers buddy.. That makes me feel a lot better. friday.gif1

I never had a reason to doubt the performance of the LSD before, and sure as hell have made use of it plenty of times. 

Obviously cannot account for what it says in the manual. 

But it will slip a bit before locking up.

S9b is torsen lsd rather than helical. Which I understand is almost identical but does have some minor differences which may account for its behaviour???

Wonder if it's an issue where over time the torque needed to engage the LSD increases? 

Actually, just seen this on Torsen's website.. 

"When input torque is applied to a helical gear, it creates a series of thrust forces that push that gearing into the differential casing. When these forces push against the wall of the casing, that contact creates friction. As the torque load increases, so do the forces, and so friction increases in proportion to the amount of torque applied."

If it relies on generating friction, then friction must = wear at some point I guess. 

Absolutely needs load applied in order to lock up.

And yes maybe required amount increases with wear. 

Unless your having an actual issue with the box tho. Personally wouldn't be splashing cash fixing something that isn't broken.

I'm gonna film a burnout now lol

• Haha 1