shes looking amazing mate!! Bet youre getting super excited now!!! Those guys have done a cracking job, so glad you found a decent garage to do it in the end. 8-)

• Thanks 1

Cheers Dave. In a way it all feels like fate - if it hadn't been for the first place doing such a shocking job, and a rubbish bodge, I wouldn't have found out how bad mine was, wouldn't have found this garage, and wouldn't have ended up finding out about @Grant amazing shell.

Wouldn't have ended up spending as much either like, but at least now she's good for another 20 years (fingers crossed). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So heard back from the DVLA this week - it's a no go on the reg swap, so the old reg will be no more. Oh well, it's a shame, but not a surprise. 

I've also took the plunge and ordered some MG skirts (hope they fit okay). 

I'm off down to the garage tomorrow coz I'm off work - see if I can get anything sorted before the Christmas break. 

Might end up going down the private reg route tbh.. That'll be a bit down the list though. 

Skirts and mot is all that's left now. Now that I've got the reg issue sorted, I know which one is getting mot'd and can get her road legal. 

I want to get the old shell home before the Christmas break so I can do a bit of tinkering prep. 

The new skirts are that MG blue colour, so will need a painting.. Not sure to go body colour or just black. They looked like the shaped ones, so pb might be better. 

• Like 1