Popped down to the garage to see the car today. Went to swap the clocks, as I had swapped the ones from tubs when I thought I could swap the reg across. Swapped all the red bulbs from the clocks while I was on. 

Tried to test them before everything was back in place, but they weren't working for some reason... Spent ages checking connections, then gave up and put everything back... Was only when I came to put the switches back and reconnected the dash dimmer switch that I remembered that they don't work when that switch isn't in. shrug.gif1 I'm sure that I had the same problem all those years ago when I first put the red bulbs in. 

LRM_20201229_133650.jpg

Felt good sitting there with the engine running :ohyeees:

After New year, it'll be skirts on (they're looking good all painted up now), mot, then back to me :cool:

• Like 2

I'm properly getting excited about it now... Just wish I'd been able to get it back before Christmas so I could have got stuck into it while I've been off. Getting itchy fingers :grin:

Spent about an hour rubbing leather conditioner into the momo steering wheel today. Seems like nice stuff - auto finesse. 

• Like 1

So just spent the best part of today uploading all of the photos in my project thread, having paid photobucket for premium (or whatever they call it) so that I could bloody download my own photos. 

To be fair, I did download them a fair few months ago, but I've never got around to doing this yet as it's been such a big job.

I can now cancel that subscription!

[smash.gif]

• Like 1

Yeah, PB were an absolute joke in the end! Why would anyone want to pay to use their own photos, its nuts! Think my PB account is still active but never been near them since they decided to charge. Best place to store your own docs/files/photos is on your own pc and backed up on your own external hard drive. That way, you never loose them8-)

Quite happy that I managed to get a hold of an unused replacement gear knob:

LRM_20210104_132958.jpg

LRM_20210104_133017.jpg

I really liked the one I had in tubs, but the leather was goosed. Found this one the same on ebay still in its box (been in there a while by the look of it) 

• Like 1

Had a call from the garage today, they were fitting the mg skirts and said that they were too short. shrug.gif1

They sent me a couple of pics. IMG-20210107-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210107-WA0001~2.jpg

After seeing the pics I told them to carry on - I'll see what they look like in the flesh (at some point.........), but thinking that they might be okay. They said that they could extend them if I got the ends off another set. 

Weird thing, when I was there over Christmas swapping the dash back in, when I pushed the fog light button in it made the horn sound. I thought that maybe they'd done something screwy when they swapped my horn in, but when they had a look today, they said that it only happened if you try to turn the rear fogs on without the fronts on first, and that the rear fog light indicator wouldn't come on unless the fronts were already on. 

Anyone came across this before? He said it seemed like it was like that on purpose, but tubs never did that. 

It's another one that I need to try and figure out 

Deffo doesn't do that in DD mate and didn't do it in Ruby. Thats a wiring fault somewhere for sure. Not even sure they're on the same circuit in the fusebox?

Really surprised the skirts are short, that doesnt seem right either as I'm sure they fit right up to the end of the sill on the mgzs. Know the aerodeck is longer from the rear door back but always thought they were the same size as the hatchback from the front to the rear arch.

• Like 1