I must admit that I remember someone else who had fitted them before had said they came up a bit short - can't remember who though. I'll see how they look. 

No, you're right it's not on the same circuit... I was poring through the Haynes circuit diagrams, and the honda workshop manual, and there's no links between the systems.... Must be a dodgy connection somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Deffo doesn't do that in DD mate and didn't do it in Ruby. Thats a wiring fault somewhere for sure. Not even sure they're on the same circuit in the fusebox?

Really surprised the skirts are short, that doesnt seem right either as I'm sure they fit right up to the end of the sill on the mgzs. Know the aerodeck is longer from the rear door back but always thought they were the same size as the hatchback from the front to the rear arch.

You can't take normal things for granted on these! Just like my sunroof i got from a deck....didnt fit the hatch! 

Anyway, I'm sure you could find a piece to manually paint in PB and screw it onto the end of the skirts. Easy fix! 

Shame about wiring fault :(

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, burbleboy said:

You can't take normal things for granted on these! Just like my sunroof i got from a deck....didnt fit the hatch! 

Anyway, I'm sure you could find a piece to manually paint in PB and screw it onto the end of the skirts. Easy fix! 

Shame about wiring fault :(

Yeah, that was weird... Why bother making life more difficult by doing the same thing in two different ways but make it look identical!? 

Yeah, that's what the garage said - they said that (if they did it anyway) you'd never know. 

9 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

If there off the later zs they have the full kit. So probably short as the arches tuck into the skirt

Yeah, that's a good point - they've got those flared bits. 

• Like 1

Fixed up the old tablet for the install - bought one with a broken screen, and swapped the motherboard to replace the one with the knackered USB slot. 

It's got headunit reloaded installed on it so that it can pretend to be a car, and use android auto with it so that it is basically a bigger touch screen that controls the apps on the phone... Looks like it's going to work well. 

IMG_20210112_182242.jpg

IMG_20210112_182249.jpg

IMG_20210112_182314.jpg

IMG_20210112_182351.jpg

IMG_20210112_182427.jpg

• Like 1

The only way I could get the free trial version working was with a USB otg cable, but the full version works great on WiFi. 

I've had to set it up so that I manually start a hotspot on my phone, and start the android auto server on my phone as well, but hoping to automate that using an nfc tag in the car. 

• Like 1