When the garage first called about it, I said "oh, it'll probably just need resetting, the light always comes on, you just need to bridge some pins on the connector on the centre console, not the ecu one... I'll send you some info" 

Then checked the how to, are realised that I was thinking about the SRS one, and phoned them back to eat humble pie... [smash.gif]

• Haha 1

It is a possibility to be fair... Especially because when I was struggling to unplug the one off the old car I ended up cutting the cable off on the other side of the connector from the sensor... Meaning I wouldn't be able to use the loom of the old shell, so therefore it's bound to be what's wrong... Sod's law and all that. 

:Facepalm1:

2 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Could it not be possible that a wire has been nicked on the other part of the sensor loom? Not necessarily the actual sensor? 

Just a thought! 

Good point, can't remember if it was DD or Ruby that had that very issue with the wire where the sensor plugs in, that wee look was cut/exposed. Had forgot about that! Or was it the Mini? Who knows, know one of them had abs light on and that was part of the problem! crazy.gif1

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to report... The first ABS sensor that came was totally wrong - think that it was for the diesel deck... 

New one came and was dropped off at the garage, and should be getting fitted on Monday and then MOT. 

had the Ep3 seats out today for a good old clean as they were absolutely mingling! Covered in mould from being sat in a damp car for two years. 

One good hoover and steam clean later... LRM_20210219_165803-hdr.jpg

Came up really nice. Would quite like to get them recovered tbh... I really fancy going half leather with the vti fabric. 

• Like 1