@dr_broon Those Civic finishers/sill step trims looks lush don't they! Dawn got them for DD years ago from the chap that had the red supercharged MB6 that he had owned since brand new (can't mind his name of the top of my head though, god old age sucks!). Just looks so nice when you open the door. Did you get the full set of four?

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

@dr_broon Those Civic finishers/sill step trims looks lush don't they! Dawn got them for DD years ago from the chap that had the red supercharged MB6 that he had owned since brand new (can't mind his name of the top of my head though, god old age sucks!). Just looks so nice when you open the door. Did you get the full set of four?

Yeah, they sure do - got the full set off Gerry. 8-)

S88 HON? His car was mint! [smitten.gif] I've still got "honda supercharger" in my saved ebay searches... Just in case :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Yeah, they sure do - got the full set off Gerry. 8-)

S88 HON? His car was mint! [smitten.gif] I've still got "honda supercharger" in my saved ebay searches... Just in case :lol:

Thats the one!!!! Couldn't remember his name, that car was immense, absolutely mint in every respect. First time I'd seen an mb6 shell get broken when there wasn't even a single spec of rust anywhere on it. Real shame but only way he could recoup some of the cash he'd spent on fancy parts. Must have been gutting scrapping a perfect car that you've owned from brand new though! 

Gerry's a good lad, not had a blether with him for a while. Has he still got the MB2?

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Gerry's a good lad, not had a blether with him for a while. Has he still got the MB2?

He is indeed.

I'm not sure - I think that he was considering getting shot because of the dreaded emissions zone. 

• Like 1

That ULEZ has a lot to answer for, stopping petrol heads owning the cars they want/love.  shrug.gif1 Been a few members who were struggling to either keep their Civic M or find one that would meet the rules (such as a late 2000)

Been doing a bit of an experiment... I've never understood why the arm rest on the centre console is basically unusable for me when I'm driving. The one in the accord is much better positioned, and extends. So, quick test fit... 

IMG_20210324_152323.jpg

IMG_20210324_152434.jpg

Extended:

IMG_20210324_152342.jpg

IMG_20210324_152450.jpg

Bit worried about overhang, and not being able to use the window switches easily.. But also thinking about doing a frankenstein arm rest using the standard top, but the sliding bracket. 

• Like 1

Quick update - not that my mystery bug is all but gone, I finally got round to getting the 4 wheel alignment done with a 'fast road' set up. 

I could tell that it was out, but it must have been quite out. The fronts in particular had camber and toe issues. To be fair, the garage that did the resto were going to get it done for me, but with the MOT snag, they weren't able to. 

It drives like it's on rails now :-D

• Like 1

Making great progress getting the wee finer details ironed out mate. Handling must feel planted now! I love the idea of that extending armrest! The standard one is absolutely pointless tbh! Far too low, and it's not long enough! Be interested in seeing how you get on with this!

• Like 1

Cheers man. 

Yeah, after not being in the civic for so long, and driving the accord, the rediculousnes of the armrest was really noticeable. Got one coming from the bay of E so I'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Done! Can actually use it as an armrest while driving! 

IMG_20210331_152843.jpg

IMG_20210331_153011.jpg

Moved the hinge forward about 30mm on the armrest to move it back a bit so it wasn't interfering with the handbrake as much.  Also, to hide the hinge when looking from behind. 

Ended up using some bigger spacers than the ones on this pic, and used these ones to help support where the hinge sits on the centre console. 

IMG_20210331_145639.jpg

IMG_20210331_152131.jpg

This meant that the tray under the rest stuck out... 

IMG_20210331_152645.jpg

So chopped out the same amount as I moved the hinge forward. 

IMG_20210331_160246.jpg

Then glued it together and strengthened it with some wooden bead. 

IMG_20210331_160255.jpg

Could do with finishing it to hide the joint

IMG_20210331_162904.jpg

IMG_20210331_162917.jpg

I'm going to add the catch and the little rubber feet off the old armrest so that it sits in place nicer, but for now I've just popped some draft excluder tape on to support the front a bit more. 

Have to slide the rest back to be able to use the handbrake, but I don't think that will be a problem. 

• Like 2