The sun shining on it is making me take photos... 

LRM_20210409_113545-hdr.jpg

I'd love to get it mopped, but I know it's been done a few times in the past, so not sure how many it can take. 

Even just itching to clay and wax it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dr_broon said:

The sun shining on it is making me take photos... 

LRM_20210409_113545-hdr.jpg

I'd love to get it mopped, but I know it's been done a few times in the past, so not sure how many it can take. 

Even just itching to clay and wax it. 

Claying you would get away with mate as it removes mostly the dirt thats engrained into the paintwork, so takes off minimal lacquer. I'm peed off with DD's Bonnet and VTiS lip, both are stone chipped to hell (bumper is fine though as it was brand new from Honda). The bonnet looks awful close up as its litterally thousands of tiny wee white dots. Can't wait to get the garage built and kitted out. Think one of the first jobs will be respraying the bonnet and lip on DD! Rest of her paintwork is ok, comes up nice with a clay/polish/wax. I'd go for it mate, nothing nicer than super polished Pirates Black paint in the sun!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Claying you would get away with mate as it removes mostly the dirt thats engrained into the paintwork, so takes off minimal lacquer. I'm peed off with DD's Bonnet and VTiS lip, both are stone chipped to hell (bumper is fine though as it was brand new from Honda). The bonnet looks awful close up as its litterally thousands of tiny wee white dots. Can't wait to get the garage built and kitted out. Think one of the first jobs will be respraying the bonnet and lip on DD! Rest of her paintwork is ok, comes up nice with a clay/polish/wax. I'd go for it mate, nothing nicer than super polished Pirates Black paint in the sun!!

Yeah, claying will be fine 8-)  just worried about getting it machine polished. 

If it's a decent car valeter, they should have the paint thickness gadget that tells them the paint thickness/depth before they start. Know the lacquer and paint on these isn't really that thick to begin with from when they left the factory, so looking at her age/how many times she'll have been mopped over her life it might indeed be too thin. Hate 2k paint, absolutely sucks tbh! far too soft (so it chips easy) and not enough layers (so it chips easy!).  Bring back celleuos paint! Bloody awesome stuff that!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dave said:

If it's a decent car valeter, they should have the paint thickness gadget that tells them the paint thickness/depth before they start. Know the lacquer and paint on these isn't really that thick to begin with from when they left the factory, so looking at her age/how many times she'll have been mopped over her life it might indeed be too thin. Hate 2k paint, absolutely sucks tbh! far too soft (so it chips easy) and not enough layers (so it chips easy!).  Bring back celleuos paint! Bloody awesome stuff that!

Would love to get a full spray done so that the looks reflect all of the work that's gone in to the chassis, but it'll have to wait. Will look at getting some smart repairs done to pick up the odd chips and scratches. 

It's worn all the way round, but worse there. I think that it might have been low pressure for a while without me noticing (on the rear), and maybe made worse by needing the camber /alignment sorting out. Dunno.. Just pleased it didn't seem to blow when I was driving! :shock:

• Sad 1