So after trying the little 7" tablet a few times now, it keeps crashing on android auto mode, but it's quite old and under powered. So I'm going to be trying a bigger and newer affair... Still old, but not as old as the other one. 

Decided to keep it simple instead of butchering the console - especially now I'm going for the 10 incher - would need a much bigger hole (stop giggling at the back). 

IMG_20210516_183100.jpg

IMG_20210516_183136.jpg

The blu tac is just while in trying it out. I've got two magnetic clip things, which worked great for the 7" one, but aren't quite up to it for this one. I've stuck some 3m magnetic tape on the back of the tablet, but needs a bit more help. 

IMG_20210516_183222.jpg

And yes, my headunit isn't in properly, coz I still need to get in the back to do more wiring, and it's a pig to get back out once it's locked in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Its going to be like a Tesla!

That's one of the things that made me as about not worrying about fitting it in, you can see the big screens on a few new cars sticking out when you go past, and they don't particularly look out of place.

Means that I can easily take the tablet out when I'm not in the car as well so no one gets tempted to give me lightweight windows. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KiNK43 said:

Love the tablet setup that's great idea. Android auto is good.

Cheers. Think that with some more magnetic tape on the clips should make it stay, as well as making it sit more vertical as it's quite thick. Also, thinking of some kind of bead along the top line of the console to add the support that the blu tac is. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think that I've got the solution. IMG_20210526_201816.jpg

IMG_20210526_201508.jpg

Chopped the bottom piece of a hard case for the tablet off, and have fixed that on the console / dash. The tablet sits on that and it holds it in place, with the magnets doing the rest of the job. 

Works a treat so far. 

Since I'd got the car back, I'd been a bit worried about the engine as it seemed to have lost to end power - I was having to change gear about 1k to early as the power was dropping off. 

I've been needing to get my im ported to match the dc2 throttle body, as I'd noticed a bit of a drop off at high revs when I fitted it, but not as bad as recently. 

I noticed today though, that the intake to the air box wasn't where I'd fitted it - I had installed it so that the trumpet was in the void where the resonator used to be, but when it'd been reassembled, the trumpet was still in the engine bay, half pointing into that void, but also half covered up by the body. 

Adjusted that, and I now have high rev fun again... Phew. 

And here's a pic because purple. 

IMG_20210531_123525.jpg

IMG_20210531_123507.jpg

My camera doesn't show the purple flip very well though. cry.gif1

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, KiNK43 said:

phew thats a relief then nice easy fix. shes looking good mate!

Cheers mate. 

Yeah, feels like I've got my honda engine back :-D

That was a nice easy fix, if only they were all like that! Loving the tablet install mate, looks really good! I'm part way through doing the double din conversion for DD, will post pics soon!

• Like 1