Cheers bud. What was it that cracked - the cap out the arm?

Yeah, very true... Will probably be always something else that ends up being on the list. Tbh, the speed that I'm getting stuff done at the minute is super slow, so it will never be finished :lol:

9 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Cheers bud. What was it that cracked - the cap out the arm?

Yeah, very true... Will probably be always something else that ends up being on the list. Tbh, the speed that I'm getting stuff done at the minute is super slow, so it will never be finished :lol:

Good things come to those who wait! 

It was the dizzy cap that cracked all the time, at the bolt holes, let moisture in and wouldn't start! One time I did over tighten the bolts and cracked it! May as well have set fire to the money instead! Lol 

I've had my car for over 3.5 years now, booked in on the 22nd for DPF delete and new custom map. Fitted big intercooler 2 weeks ago and got a gearbox map....... modification on cars is never ending and no time set to do em! ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Good things come to those who wait! 

It was the dizzy cap that cracked all the time, at the bolt holes, let moisture in and wouldn't start! One time I did over tighten the bolts and cracked it! May as well have set fire to the money instead! Lol 

I've had my car for over 3.5 years now, booked in on the 22nd for DPF delete and new custom map. Fitted big intercooler 2 weeks ago and got a gearbox map....... modification on cars is never ending and no time set to do em! ;) 

Is that the Beemer Ali? Have you not got a thread on it anymore?be good to see some pics 8-)

Spent a few hours this afternoon crawling around wiring the amp in and installing the old Bluetooth adapter in its proper home instead of all being in the glove box. 

No pictures coz there isn't much to see as its all hidden, and I was racing a thunderstorm :lol:

Still got to hook up to the battery as I'm waiting for a connector to arrive, but at least the cable has found its way into the engine bay. 

Finished it off tonight.. Pleased that the amp still worked - haven't used it since it was in my eg about 15+ years ago. 

IMG_20210705_195401.jpg

Wiring could do with some tidying up still, but she lives! 

• Like 1

So turns out that the cabin pollen filter for an MG zs is not the same as for an M... It's much bigger. Even bigger than the plastic tray that the oem one fits in. 

Every time I've changed the filter, the one I've got has had to go in instead of the tray, rather than in it, and since the honda one isn't available (at least on lings), I thought I'd give the MG one a bash. 

Got one from euro car parts instead (still didn't fit in the tray though) and hoovered out years and years of leaves and crap. Fans sound much happier now 8-)

• Like 1

Yeah still have the beemer mate! Been a good car so far ;) Will get some pics/thread started at some point!

Good job ref wiring! The thing will be booming! Good to see the old quality stuff still working after all these years. Buy an amp nowadays, and leave it years, guaranteed it won't work when tried later. 

• Like 1

Nice! Amp and sub will make such a difference to the sound. Those deck roof speakers are shockingly bad....bad placement and really poor quality. Poor old DD is lying out there, her interior in bits at the moment till I decide what the hell I'm doing lol Been looking at the single din android units with motorized screens but a lot are piss poor ( and over priced) so the hunt continues!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the car in to get the knackered back box sorted out.. The old power flow one was fooked. Apart from the flange just about falling off, the seam on the box was goosed, so ended up with a nice new shiny one. The guy who did it used to do the power flow ones where I got mine said they used to use rubbish and the seams always went. 

The new one's a bit bigger and matches the rest of the system, and has a bit more of a fruity sound to it, and a bit of a burble coming off the revs low down. Pretty happy with what they've done. 

IMG_20210715_175843.jpgIMG_20210715_175859.jpg

IMG_20210715_175913.jpg

Seems a bit freer at higher revs, so wonder if the back box being goosed was interfering with the flow. 

• Like 1