One of these tried to beat me away from the lights on the way back (and was planning on cutting me up as their lane didn't go off the roundabout). 

Screenshot_20210715-195002.png

I wasn't racing, as I didn't know they were going that way, but I did set it away to hear the new exhaust. :lol:

Left him behind... Just looked at the specs.. :shock:

Screenshot_20210715-195014.png

There's life in the old b series yet 8-)

The guy in the fn civic behind me at the lights was less than impressed with being cut up by him though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Good on you. Need to show these people old Honda's Never die they just get faster! (And rustier)

I'm sure that after about 50 he would have left me for dead once the grunt kicked in, but hey ho. 

4 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

That's where a snail comes in handy.

I bet! 

I've literally just got back from driving a Renault captur hire car, which had a pitiful little diesel engine, but took off when the turbo kicked in. 

Stupid little car it was. Couldn't even enjoy the turbo, coz it felt like it couldn't handle it :blink:

Strangely I've had a captur hire car aswell while our ford was repaired.  Altho It was a 1.5 petrol, it was really punchy too.

But I totally agree.  Wasn't very stable at speed or mid corner of giving it any. 

Popped to the shop this morning, and was surprised at how sprightly the car felt. I forgot how much it likes cooler fresh air. 

After the drop in temperature and humidity there was really a difference! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to a classic and retro car meet / show tomorrow, so have given the old girl a good clean and the first polish after the restoration. Also, swapped the weather strips from tubs as they were only a few years old. 

IMG_20210807_141054.jpg

IMG_20210807_141118.jpg

IMG_20210807_141310.jpg

IMG_20210807_141325.jpg

IMG_20210807_144331.jpg

IMG_20210807_152245.jpg

Will take plenty of photos tomorrow. 

• Like 2