Cheers, pleased with how she scrubbed up - could do with a clay bar, or even a machine polish (if the paint would stand it). 

Did notice a little rust patch starting on the passenger door at the corner. Checked on tubs and it must be one of the only panels that doesn't have any rust on, so think I'll be swapping the door (typical that I notice it after swapping the weather strips!). 

The car show was pretty cool - had a good natter with the lad with the eg. He's got a dc2 engine in it.. Lush colour paint on it as well. 

Was quite a posh country gent type feel to the day, but was pretty sound. 

Car's at the garage today for something that I've been meaning to get done for ages - getting the intake mani ported to match the dc2 throttle body. 

I don't know if it really needs it, but although the bigger throttle body made a nice difference to throttle response and acceleration generally, I had a nagging feeling that it was struggling at higher revs after the butterflies opened, compared to before (or compared to lower in the rev range anyway), and figured that it was because there was a step that the air was having to force past. 

Might make loads of difference or none... Who knows :blink: :lol:

It's at AK Automotive, which is the place that do loads of mx5 stuff and have a race team. When I dropped the car off yesterday, I had to laugh at this sticker on the back of this track mx5 

IMG_20210816_135116.jpg

• Haha 1

So turns out that the port on the IM is the same size as the TB. Guess that the IM must have had a step up in size, which I think is supposed to be a benefit - oh well. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So after a bit of advice. 

My engine doesn't seem to be as happy as it used to, it feels like it runs out of steam when it gets to 7k. It smells like it's running rich, and when I checked the oil tonight it was pretty filthy, but it's not that long since it had a service. When I pulled the dip stick out there was a smell of exhaust fumes. 

All sounds like some kind of seals on the way - stem seals? 

Need to get the dc2 cams in and springs, so that's head off and skim, and will get all new head seals /gaskets - is there anything else to think about?