38 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

That's sweet. What is it. Mobilo?

Yeah, I'm sure that's what the badge was - tbh I've never seen / heard of them before. Decent amount of space inside as well. 

12 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Really cool looking car that. Should check out n box aswell if you haven't already. Super cute kei mpv

They're pretty cool 8-) would be good to have something like that for knocking round the doors. 

So I think I've convinced myself that the IABs aren't working. It pulls nice and strong at first, but runs out of puff once you get to about 6.5k and makes you want to change by 7k.

I seem to remember that before tubs was condemned, there was some issues with the vac system having corroded pipes.. Can't remember exactly though. 

Am I right in thinking that if there's no vacuum i would have the opposite problem though? 

• 2 weeks later...

Wash day :56e06b7c88482_cleaningcar:

IMG_20220417_095451.jpg

IMG_20220417_105226.jpg

Used a 'clay bar' glove after washing it, not as good as using proper clay, but quite pleased with the job it's done... Used it years ago and decided to give it another try. Paintwork feels quite smooth now.

I could do with getting some polish - the only I've got is an old t cut colour magic one, but I'm in the market for something better - what are folk using for theirs? 

Got quite a bit of swirls that could do with getting shot of, but I know it's had a few mops over the years so not sure how many more it could take. 

• Like 1

Mop it just take it easy. Low speeds and don't press too hard.

I've been using mirka polarshine And maquires ultimate compound which is great for fine swirls.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, KiNK43 said:

Can always disconect them and see if engine feels better. And go from there. 

Finally got round to trying this today as had a day off, and a bit of spare time when the clan were getting ready. 

Checked it before starting the engine, and the arm was down, so iabs open. 

Started the engine, arm up, iabs closed. 

Turned the engine off, but the arm stayed up... Popped the hose off, vacuum released and the arm dropped. How soon after the engine being off should the vacuum drop? 

Went for a spin, and felt mint at high revs again for the first time in ages, so seems to be the culprit. 

What would be causing the vacuum to hold?  Would the pcv valve have anything to do with it? 

• Like 1