On 4/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, Dave said:

@dr_broonIs it maybe something in the vacuum pipe itself obstructing the flow? I would have thought the vacuum should drop quickly when the engine is off.

Thinking about this there is a check valve in the line iirc. 

• Like 1

I'm going to take her up to my mechanic mate to see if we can suss out what's up. I've got a nagging feeling that something didn't go back right on the vac system when it all went back together somewhere between Tubs' final fail and the transplant into The HUD. 

So is the check valve there to make the vacuum, from the air being drawn through the intake mani? 

2 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I'm going to take her up to my mechanic mate to see if we can suss out what's up. I've got a nagging feeling that something didn't go back right on the vac system when it all went back together somewhere between Tubs' final fail and the transplant into The HUD. 

So is the check valve there to make the vacuum, from the air being drawn through the intake mani? 

I have an excellent diagram of the plumbing sonewhere I'll have a look in A bit 

Would think the check valve is a one way valve to hold constant vacuum,which sounds like it is.

Could also tape you phone cam with light on to show if the function is ok with road use :-D

Edited by noodels

The next step in the fault finding is to get a multimeter on the plug above 6k rpm to check there's a signal, but I don't fancy doing that at home... The neighbours will think I'm a right bell end :lol:

Tell you what though, after being for a spin again today with the IABs disabled, I can definitely say that honda has then set to open at the right place... You can feel the power come on at the place in the rev range where they're set to open... No need to mess about changing that on a map. 

Funny that... 

7 hours ago, noodels said:

Did mean under bonnet with cam m8:idea:

Yeah, sorry bud.. Just knowing my luck it'd vibrate off and get eaten by something. :lol:

• Haha 1