Really small update today.. My minidisc headunit had stopped reading discs, so I replaced it today.

With another one exactly the same :lol:

IMG_20221126_130111.jpg

And why is there so little space behind the radio [smash.gif]

Also, the gritter was out early in the week, so that's that for the winter.. Battery disconnected... Goodnight. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, dr_broon said:

the gritter was out early in the week, so that's that for the winter.. Battery disconnected... Goodnight. 

Oh god don't tell me that. I was out for a drive yesterday and the day before. 

Nightmare.

I love that your using minidiscs. So good. Gutted they weren't around for too long. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Oh god don't tell me that. I was out for a drive yesterday and the day before. 

Nightmare.

I love that your using minidiscs. So good. Gutted they weren't around for too long. 

Don't worry mate, I live up in the hills a wee bit and we had a frost that night. 

Yeah, love minidiscs... Just came too late and got trumped by mp3s.  The headunit is about right for the age of the car... I had it in my eg way back when. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, dr_broon said:

Had a night away camping with just me and the missus, so that meant small tent, not as much stuff, and no one to go in the back seats, which meant the deck could be the chariot :-D

Cue obligatory campsite pics (ignore the dirtyness of the car though - so dusty) 

IMG-20220813-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220813-WA0004.jpg

IMG_20220813_161036.jpg

IMG_20220813_180444~2.jpg

IMG_20220814_110933.jpg

Was like old times taking the deck camping - great 8-)

That's what these cars were made for, perfect wee tourer. Loving that rear underneath shot, looks superb under there! I really need to get DD's underside cleaned up and brought up to scratch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave said:

That's what these cars were made for, perfect wee tourer. Loving that rear underneath shot, looks superb under there! I really need to get DD's underside cleaned up and brought up to scratch.

They are! It felt great to be using the deck how it used to be - quickly chuck the camping gear in the boot on a Friday and have a weekend camping without military planning. 

Rarely get to see underneath, so thought I'd take a pic while there was a bit of bling on show :lol:

• Like 1

yeah, I've swapped Poppy and DD's places the past couple of weeks (so DD on driveway right outside the kitchen window) and the more I see her the more I see how nice she looks. That then makes me want her back on the road asap! Do miss driving her tbh, and we're also missing her for stuff we've seen and wanted to buy but no way of getting it here without DD. Poppy had to take shelter in the garage even though she's the daily at the moment as the really bad ice/frost means her doors freeze shut and cant even get in to start her up and defrost her!lol The joys of a car with frameless doors.....windows freeze stuck shut and can't get in without a lot of deicer and hassle! lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dave said:

yeah, I've swapped Poppy and DD's places the past couple of weeks (so DD on driveway right outside the kitchen window) and the more I see her the more I see how nice she looks. That then makes me want her back on the road asap! Do miss driving her tbh, and we're also missing her for stuff we've seen and wanted to buy but no way of getting it here without DD. Poppy had to take shelter in the garage even though she's the daily at the moment as the really bad ice/frost means her doors freeze shut and cant even get in to start her up and defrost her!lol The joys of a car with frameless doors.....windows freeze stuck shut and can't get in without a lot of deicer and hassle! lol

I went to start mine last weekend when it was freezing, and couldn't even get the key in the lock cos of the ice. Just went back in the house where it was warm. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

MOT day today, flew through... Even no issues on emissions... Nice 8-)

Not much else to report, gave it a clean at the weekend, and fitted some proper diameter hose for the screen wash so they work properly now. 

I did fit a room brace (b pillar floor brace) a few weeks back, and took it back off straight away.. The brackets were flexing when I moved the brace by hand.. Not worth the inconvenience of having it in the footwell at the back. 

Anyway, post wash pic... 

PXL_20230326_160459238~2.jpg

• Like 2