aye, once you've stripped the interior panels (had mine out coz of mysterious boot leak) it's only 4 bolts to undo, slightly bend bar into place (seems a couple of degrees out), then tighten same bolts, and nip up the adjuster bolt on the bar.

tis mint :)

Very easy Tom I'm fitting mine tomorrow on my mb6 IMO the arbs are a complete waste of time this is much better. Looks good aswell!

the arb does make a difference on the decks coz they don't have one as standard, but the strut brace seems to have more effect... i don't think that one without the other would have anywhere near as much impact :)

Very easy Tom I'm fitting mine tomorrow on my mb6 IMO the arbs are a complete waste of time this is much better. Looks good aswell!

the arb does make a difference on the decks coz they don't have one as standard, but the strut brace seems to have more effect... i don't think that one without the other would have anywhere near as much impact :)

After reflecting on my earlier comments i agree i just found that when i fitted the MG ZS ARB to my old aerodeck i felt almost like i had to dragg the ar5e around corners rather than it having the freedom to follow around corners if that makes sense almost made it too stiff kinda im probably just talking Rabbish! but i didnt get along with it on the deck and the standard VTI-S one i removed today may have well been made from those chocolate matchsticks that are still left in the cupboard after Christmas was a joke.

i prefer the feel of a good shiney chrome strut across the back end drool.gif1 OOOOOoooooh matron :!:

Wow that's strange :o I have read many threads about those rear strut braces and all said it's a waste of money. I think it helps in this case because of the aerodeck's big butt, could that be the case ? :?

IMHO for the hatch mg zs arbs and good springs and shocks are enough. It already has good quality braces.

Wow that's strange :o I have read many threads about those rear strut braces and all said it's a waste of money. I think it helps in this case because of the aerodeck's big butt, could that be the case ? :?

IMHO for the hatch mg zs arbs and good springs and shocks are enough. It already has good quality braces.

you're probs right about it making more difference to the deck because of there being a big empty space around the struts (when it's not full of gear anyway :lol:).

maybe it's because I've got the eibach springs why i feel so much difference, with them being pretty stiff, it seems natural that if the shocks / springs don't absorb (probably not the right word) the forces, then it'll transfer to the chassis and try and twist that ?

can't wait to try it with the 17s on again when the weather warms up a bit :D

[smitten.gif]

quote:maybe it's because I've got the eibach springs why i feel so much difference, with them being pretty stiff, it seems natural that if the shocks / springs don't absorb (probably not the right word) the forces, then it'll transfer to the chassis and try and twist that

eyebrows.gif1 good 3 points there :D

Q/:did it increase understeer with the rear brace may have to play with rear toe and make use of it :idea:

oddly think it's made it turn in better?? but also stiffened rear shocks a bit recently so that might have helped with that.

put it this way, i chucked it around a 90 deg turn (1st exit off a roundabout) and it went round like it was on rails... couldn't beieve it :shock:

also not sure how much difference not having boot liners and floor etc is making :idea: