Little bit of work on the old girl yesterday. 

Had a new washer motor as the screen wash wasn't working, and mot is due. Also had a new arch liner to stick in while I was on as the old one had suffered from arch rub. 

Stuck the new motor in, and nothing came out. Could hear the motor going well, but no squirts.  Started tracking back from the nozzles to see what was going on, and turns out that a little non return valve was sticking. Tried to fettle it but it was still sticking, so ended up taking the gubbins out of the valve so it was basically a pipe joint... Works better than they ever have now... Finally see what everyone sees in the jazz nozzles. 

Also finally got around to sorting out the surface rust around the bonnet hinges. Cleaned it all up and chipped off a bit more old seam sealer. Used some kurust rust converter, then painted it with black hammerite. Popped the scuttle panel back on with a bead of silicone along the top as the foam strip that's supposed to stop water running down behind it off the windscreen had almost totally disintegrated. 

There's a bit of surface rust appearing on the top of the panel where the blower motor is, but couldn't really get to that yesterday. There's hardly anything mind, but it's one to keep an eye on. 

Was nice to see all of the underseal looking nice and fresh underneath and behind the arch liner.

Didn't take any pics of anything as I was cracking on and it kept raining on me. 

• Like 1