round primaries onto oval ports!!!.supposed to be port matched?sure about that!!am i understanding you ok!!as that means slower speed of exhaust gas!!or maybe ok for wider duration cams and better intake manifold??

just a thought!! i must have it wrong.

I'll take a pic of the one that came off, but I'm going off memory of what the new one was like though I did spend a lot of time with it in my lap with the autosol :lol:

well impressed with the difference.... went for a good drive up toi see my mam yesterday, good mix of motorway, fast a roads and b roads... runs much smoother, loads more pull low down in the revs and you can notice the vtec and butterfly valve kick more.

happy boy :)

round primaries onto oval ports!!!.supposed to be port matched?sure about that!!am i understanding you ok!!as that means slower speed of exhaust gas!!or maybe ok for wider duration cams and better intake manifold??

just a thought!! i must have it wrong.

nope... I must have been talking out my ass :)

I've just checked and compared to the pics of the teg one, and the ports look the same :oops:

the main difference I can see is the angle that the pipes come together.

I'm loving the difference in feel though... no idea why the other one ever made it anywhere near the car! for such a subtle difference in part to make such a difference is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

been scavenging again... that rover 45 at the local scrappy is coming in well handy :D

got sick of the freaky noise the wiper motor was making, so whipped the rover one out. luckilly i cut the cables north of the connector coz once again that's the only difference.

so after some splicing and soldering my wipers are groovy and won't die on me through the winter.

also cleaned all of the gunk out from under the plastic tray to hopefully stop the windscreen leaking.

I'm sure it's less restrictive than the old one... seems to pull much better when going from intermittent to half speed... I think it's lost a bit top end though :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...