EG / EK Suspension on MB6

johngreen537

EK Coilovers can fit MB6.

The front is the same as the EG / EK. The rear have the same fork size as the EK (40mm).

However, because the MB6 standard rear suspension are longer than the EK, the range of height adjustment will not be correct.

Might get some of the EK adjustable variety then...

Gives me a bit of room to play then!

Thats the point... if you get a set EK coilovers, you won't have any room to play with them.

As most likely the highest point of adjustment will only be where it is acceptable on the MB6.

You can get away a little using a Dual Perch Coilovers like MeisterR Zeta-S as you can adjust the ride height and the spring pre-load...

On a single perch coilovers such as Tein Super Street... it will mean the rear springs will have be need to have massive amount of pre-load in them just to keep the ride height to what you need.

In the end, it depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for cheap drop, then the EK coilovers will "fit"; but it doesn't mean it will be "right" on the MB6.

Might get some of the EK adjustable variety then...

Gives me a bit of room to play then!

Thats the point... if you get a set EK coilovers, you won't have any room to play with them.

As most likely the highest point of adjustment will only be where it is acceptable on the MB6.

You can get away a little using a Dual Perch Coilovers like MeisterR Zeta-S as you can adjust the ride height and the spring pre-load...

On a single perch coilovers such as Tein Super Street... it will mean the rear springs will have be need to have massive amount of pre-load in them just to keep the ride height to what you need.

In the end, it depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for cheap drop, then the EK coilovers will "fit"; but it doesn't mean it will be "right" on the MB6.

I have a set of TEIN SS in...very disappointed...can't get my rear high enough. Hence, lowered front to match the rear. Just too low for me.

Get some coilovers which fit MB6 directly will be better.

BTW, anyway tips for me to jack up my rear?

I have a set of TEIN SS in...very disappointed...can't get my rear high enough. Hence, lowered front to match the rear. Just too low for me.

Get some coilovers which fit MB6 directly will be better.

BTW, anyway tips for me to jack up my rear?

Hum... Tein SS coilovers huh...

It depends on how the dampers are made... It is possible to maybe use a longer and stronger springs...

However, that may mess up the vehicle dynamic, thats the problem with single perch coilovers...

You can't separate the ride height adjustment from the spring adjustment, which mean you will affect the how the car ride when trying to adjust ride height.

Let me know if you need some help...

But to be honest, I would say it is better to sell the Tein coilovers to a EK and just buy a set of MeisterR Zeta-S that are design to fit and work on the MB6 to begin with... instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and fix something that isn't right to begin with.

Archived