Another water leak thread!

KiNK43

hey,

ive got two leaks that i cant get to the bottom of.... sooo any help appreciated.

first above passenger A pillar. have cleaned drain holes with long cable and even siliconed around all joints inside sunroof. still water gets through within seconds of a down pour! have noticed when parked it doesnt come through when i park on right side of road. my street has real steep camber!

secondly, water in rear passenger footwell, and lots of it. was like a swimming pool this morning

no sign of it coming in anywhere in the rear though.

im all out of ideas but would like to stop it before it smells like swamp.

thanks for any help

god mmm this odd one to me :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: if you have checked all the places it should come from . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm think i would strip all the int even carpet :shock: and get loads of water on it and see if then you can find the leak . big job but if i had got to the point where i had checked everything think thats what i may have to do :shock::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: some one will have an idea :D:D:D:D

Ill bet you the water is running in to the front foot well and then in to the back foot well as there is nothing to stop the water doing so . as dave has said get the carpet out and remove the head lining and get the hose on the car that way you will see where the water is coming in and where the water is running once inside the car .

working for rover for 7 years i did loads of water leaks on the 400 and 45's for warranty before the cars even had plates on . There was a seam on the inner wing that was not sealed on the track at it used to leak water in to the car . each car that leak had to have new carpets and had to have the inner wing cut open and sealed and then rewelded up .

Rich.

oh i see thats not very good.

well thanks for suggestions. im pretty sure water isnt coming from front as its bone dry up front. but i think your right im gonna have to pull up carpets and head liner and get the old hose on it.

thatll have to wait til next week.

anyone else feel like not enough hours in the day to have job, family and ten year old car that keeps sprouting leaks amongst other things???

Archived