All About Intakes

MBK89

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

k&N panel filter in the original air box is just right for a near standard car. remove the resonator and you can have some growl too. Thats the set up in my deck.

On my old crx which wasnt standard and needed to breathe a lot better...

i`m not convinced by the expensive pipework and huge prices. I bought a cheapie used induction kit- kept the pipework and the silicon adaptors, but binned the cheap filter.

I got a good filter, then i popped to b&Q for some silver air insulated reflective tape, i wrapped the intake in that to reflect heat from the engine and bobs your uncle, my B20 went even better on my butt dyno.

• 1 month later...

is there anywhere i can get a piece of alloy pipe for my cone filter, i just brought one off ebay but it is only the filter no pipe work, i have currently fitted it on the original black plastic pipe but it looks bit dog and aint long enough so need a nice piece of shiney pipe that is the right fit?? any ideas??

Bought a universal pipercross vector and fitted to existing rubber inlet hose but left the original bottom half of the oem filter housing attached so it still feeds air from the bumper and has(hopefully) less hot than it would otherwise..

its a bit of a diy but it works for me, and only cost me 45 squid.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60 ... 233528.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i wer going to say why not have ur cold feed coming into the standerd silencer box (behind the bumper)

then wen water enters it should drain out ov the drain hole in the bottom :idea:

just add a heat shield and then should be good to go 1"£££$££"!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is brilliant i have always wondered wether i am p**s*ng money on filters and kits and now i feel i am to be fair i like chi's work he did with the air box from a renault to make a heat shield but my setup wouldnt fit my MC2, i have a HKS Mushroom fitler with cold air feed and stainless steel pipe onto throttle body, its pretty good nice roar but i feel that all these kits are a contradiction as they must pick up so much hot air via the engine bay. i might look for the OEM ITR one as mentioned with K&N Panel take it back a step + they do look rather chav aswell in my opinion i like the BMC box ones but bet it removes the roar.

• Dave unpinned this topic

Archived