All About Intakes

MBK89

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is brilliant i have always wondered wether i am pee pee*ng money on filters and kits and now i feel i am to be fair i like chi's work he did with the air box from a renault to make a heat shield but my setup wouldnt fit my MC2, i have a HKS Mushroom fitler with cold air feed and stainless steel pipe onto throttle body, its pretty good nice roar but i feel that all these kits are a contradiction as they must pick up so much hot air via the engine bay. i might look for the OEM ITR one as mentioned with K&N Panel take it back a step + they do look rather chav aswell in my opinion i like the BMC box ones but bet it removes the roar.
[attachment=0]dc2%20intake%20001.jpg[/attachment]

Not panel K&N its a cylinder type Jimbob 738 ,and a Lot bigger area than a K&N panel ;)

Thats all good noodels but i think i am going to start looking for the ITR kit with panel all this induction kit rubbish is not going to help my engine 4 years i have used these and if honest seen no real gains other than a nice big induction noise, i have grown up abit now and looking for proper performance gains, i am going to be building a B18C4 turbo with my brother who has just got back from afghan and intend on taking this serious so no more chav pipes. i will post pictures after weekend i am sort my MC2 out ready for pics.

Johngreen537 would be very interested in hearing about your results and how you come to the conclusion?

Cheers chaps

:) just showing you what a integra R K&N filter looks like.i have integra R airbox now

just saying the integra R has a cylinder typethe pic has oem

A cylinder type is better than a flat panel filter ;)

Sorry didn't mean to come across arrogant i did get what you were showing me, i have actually been on ebay looking at the ITR airbox and pipes and the K&N like yours, surely the cone still suffers from heat soak compared to a panel K&N in the OEM box?

at least with K&N the quality is good my HKS mushroom one i got off my brothers old almera is pants, and considering how much he paid for it, all the mesh is rusting and i keep cleaning it all time but forever attracting crap.

i am reconsidering all options.

Integra airbox with K&N fittedits straight down now>and in its own chamber when bonnet is closed. :)i have sealed the areas ;) CAI has more air coming in also from front spoiler.and fills the chamber with charged air:lol: it also has larger box-throttle body intake pipe>,and has a more direct flowthan mb/mc OEM:D

[attachment=1]dc2%20intake%20007.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]CAI%20003.jpg[/attachment]

Sounds promising

i would like to use my Stainless pipe you think if i heat wrap the pipe and go and get a good cone filter and do what Chi's done get a megan airbox (mmm renault parts on honda) but it is a good idea.

looks good johnG

recon the ss route with heatwrap and silicone would be the best you could get. 3.5 inch the bigest ive seen,in the diy area, works out about £70+wrap+tape=£100+filter arangement.

May as well get a mugan copy for an N/A application :)or whales p****s+seperate chamber.+?

Mine with filter cost £55 inc PP :D

think i would rather get ITR cams+ITR airbox at same price TBH :|

• Dave unpinned this topic

Archived