All About Lowering

MBK89

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was wondering whether these springs and shocks would fit my VTI-S? If so, are they a direct fit?

I am looking for about 30mm drop and generally tighter handling.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-180-SET-4-S ... 35b13ff30f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-180-SET-4-S ... 35b174aeaf

omg genuin springs for only £5 each :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, fairly new to the site but I thought I'd ask a question about the Bilstein B6/Eibach Pro 30mm combination for the MB6-I have had this combo installed recently and the front end does seem lower than the stated drop.I can just about get 2 fingers between the tyre and the arch and adjusting the camber seems nigh on impossible as most garages can't get it on the ramps. The rear seems fine but I'm surprised the front end has dropped this much, the ride is definately better but I do get rubbing on full locks. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what's the best way to sort it out? Could I use wheel spacers to push the tyre out a little,maybe 5-10mm to help with the rubbing?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Maz

Hi guys, fairly new to the site but I thought I'd ask a question about the Bilstein B6/Eibach Pro 30mm combination for the MB6-I have had this combo installed recently and the front end does seem lower than the stated drop.I can just about get 2 fingers between the tyre and the arch and adjusting the camber seems nigh on impossible as most garages can't get it on the ramps. The rear seems fine but I'm surprised the front end has dropped this much, the ride is definately better but I do get rubbing on full locks. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what's the best way to sort it out? Could I use wheel spacers to push the tyre out a little,maybe 5-10mm to help with the rubbing?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Maz

I think these front struts are not meant for MB6 because many dealers suggest shocks for MB6 that are really designed for lighter Civics. MB6 has heavier front. I noticed more drop than stated in my MB6 when installed TA-technix coilovers. Some other guys here noticed same thing with TA techs so we thought that the front springs must be for EK/EG civic with 1.6 liter lighter engine.. The springs were rated for max axle weight 860 kg when MB6 springs have to be 940kg (or was it 920?)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hello am new to this forum my mb6 1.8 vti has been lowered when i brought the car it has just springs on it and the front is considerably lower then the back and is making it very difficult over bumps etc.. looking at coil overs but they are just too damn expensive any help ?

• Dave unpinned this topic

Archived