My new beast..(gonna keep this one!)

jalesi2001

Right then, I still haven't officially swaped over to the EP3 yet, but that dont mean I cant spend some quality time with it....outside my house!! :oops::lol:

I have given the inside a bit of a clean, needs a good hoover but under the nasty old carpet mats the actual carpets seem in good nick, so after a clean and a new set of mats it should look ok in there!!

As for the outside, im sure the previous owner had never shown it a sponge, shame really, as he obviously cared about it looking at the pile of receipts it has, but he didnt seem to be bothered about the outside. :cry:

The car seems rust free, apart from the bonnet. There is a strip of rust on the leading edge of the bonnet which has marked the paint as it goes towards the back, heres a pic.. (Yes I know the Type R badge is broken, its on the list of things to do!!)

DSCF2109.jpg

So today I thought I would give her a clean, started by trying to use the 'in laws' old pressure washer that has been in the garage for years, found that knackered, so then got out the trusty old hose, and found the gun trigger knackered on that two!! banghead.gif1 A trip to Focus later and the Type R got a decent wash, with Turtle Wax car shampoo. And some Car Plan tyre silk..

DSCF2108.jpg

I then thought I would have a go at seeing just how good I could get the bonnet, so I started with the Maguires Clay Bar, followed by some Autoglym paint sealant, then a coat of Autoglym Deep Shine Polish, (for darker cars! ;) ) then finished off with a coat of Turtle Wax..umm Wax!! :lol:

I'd never used a clay bar before, but I gotta say Im quite impressed, I can see now why people go on about the 'glass finish', it made the bonnet really smooth, but it looked dull, im happy to admit I was kacking it a bit as it looked shocking!! Anyway, after the sealant, polish and wax it came out pretty good, take a look!!

DSCF2112.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

Not bad ey?! the paint work on the rest of the car is good and so im looking forward to seeing how it turn out when I have done all that to the rest of the car!!

I'll keep you all informed!! detailer.gif1

Oh yeah, after all that work, im still not happy, so im gonna get another bonnet anyway!! lame.gif1blush.gif1

P.S. Can one of you buy my VTI please, so I can start to use the damn thing!! eyebrows.gif1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adam wrap the bonnet 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!!

ok so i no the ep3 is faster better but where would you say the m has good points over the ep :?: adam

o what does the mb6 weight and what does the ep3 weight :?:

Not sure about the weights mate tbh, and im not officially driving the ep yet so I haven't been living with it if that makes sense, but if I was to compare it so far...

The ep is quicker, but not by much tbh in there standard form. I think blacksport will agree that when he is in his ep3 and me in my mb6, im not that much slower than him. The VTEC is more agressive than our mb6's, the stereo in the ep is rubbish compared to my mb6!! And in my humble opinion I think the ep looks better. And I like the seats better in the ep3 too!! The mb6 has rear doors which I know sounds weird but I think I will miss!! All obvious stuff really mate!! I'll let you know when im actually driving her! ;)

Archived