MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

On 1/22/2018 at 11:26 AM, Dave said:

Top work mate. I really want to do this with DD too. Always been my plan to strip her down and paint/powder coat all the suspension and chassis parts. Making me envious seeing this! Lol

Thanks, not that difficult to do, just been time consuming.  I did the original rear trailing arms before  in a day and they survived really well on and off the road.  Really wanted to do a better job this time and so far the arms have had several coats of paint over a few days.  Got the front knuckles to do next but they are much smaller and in really good condition

On 1/22/2018 at 11:29 AM, Krzys said:

Rather you than me but awesome stuff!

Until the engine's back I've not got much else to do!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, noodels said:

Don't know if have missed it,but are you keeping the ABS 

Nope, No ABS.  Changing the front and rear brakes and the introduction of the pedal box meant it's totally incompatible with the car now and I didn't want it anyway

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to keep a small level of momentum going as it's so close to being back on it's wheels!

Inner front camber links were all set to be re-bushed, so drill out the rubber and knock out the shells

VzIes5I947tRPob8OOy1I0CfVkpE8kErRTANFuDb

enK4cBK8Jekh0Ho-kl8-KHVnaMq-7eSxp5IL4NAA

Top one is all cleaned up and poly bushed, lower one got the same treatment.  All nice and shiney now :)

Rear end got assembled and offered up to the chassis on the near side

Iavt-QKZAGJiSPJXMrgv_tScUb20BTDsdgDV-Z4v

Looks like the rear tyres will be a close fit!

cNvNqa4lfwWmWzYDzO81yP4Uo0afXodxqI0FmIZq

Wheels have been sat there so long they are covered in a thick layer of dust!  Back brakes look tiny now on the bigger disks

PJOO3WtCqO0CLo_LtI6e4PA9rPqFWUkZo7LVV8TL

Front shock and lower arm now installed on both sides ready for the hub carrier.  Going to try and install the bearings and hub this week ready to refit

UJYwV2F_8f7BfQrymdejUTbMl6Z5LZps8y-qaGo-

• Like 3