MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

21 hours ago, Krzys said:

Nice! I need to give my roof rails some TLC as they had a bike rake on for a long time and you can clearly see where it had been.

they look like powder coated aluminium, and easy remove so aren't difficult to clean up and renew.....unless you snap a stud off!

Engine builder sent me these images of the engine build so far :ohyeees:

0DDGs5JrIq6eytjlBaxOw5KQdbSFr-KEbBSHY3xA

vhDZxgdKGu-dXzocVl0RSJ7sS9i72AE16TTfQT0b

Can't wait to drop this into the bay!

Edited by DeLaSoul
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DeLaSoul said:

they look like powder coated aluminium, and easy remove so aren't difficult to clean up and renew.....unless you snap a stud off!

Mine are fairly straight forward to remove, headliner out to access the fixings like the Aerodeck. Going to try using some products on mine first as that might save me some hassle, well I say me, the person I con into helping me do it while I supervise :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krzys said:

Mine are fairly straight forward to remove, headliner out to access the fixings like the Aerodeck. Going to try using some products on mine first as that might save me some hassle, well I say me, the person I con into helping me do it while I supervise :lol:

Aerodeck is all done from the outside, but I guess the Nissan would be different

Weekend of wiring, and by the end of it I was finally happy.  The wiring to the ECU looked terrible, I really hated the run up the bulkhead and across to the ECU and couldn't leave it even if it was correct.  Stripped off the heatshrink and de-pinned the plugs and worked backwards until I had a bundle of wires only and rebuilt it.  Mounted the ECU tray to get a feel for the wire run and make sure everything lined up.

CUJ5OTgXWatdBgGOA0aXZ4PoeHoWUXnEdOeeSByy

Bt1W-yDQ4x6y3kQPz3vwRTNhI0Vo5Rzl8xGIqBYA

Still got 2 pieces of heatshrink to place and shrink into place (they are still on the back of the plug) where the wires are held by the tie-wraps to stop it rubbing through

All the wires are now very clearly marked!

XDzNKVsBFUlJa1smv9ATp8ypc7w9jQT_TNfzGYPj

• Like 3

Too cold to work in the garage (and that's before I clear the snow from the door) so updated and started to program the DASH2 unit.  Had the scary job of reflashing the firmware first and all the warning that come with it!!

Had to wire up all the power and earth feeds to a 12V supply, and connect up some of the buttons to cycle through the options but called up the firmware in the display 

0cl_Izh2Cp4Zyg1eZImaDDEKjtoS6zrbHe2Vzoj8

and the stock display....Fog light is on to show the display is connected to the laptop (even though the data indicator is on in the display :huh:)

TUymdmhHY1AvibavkWGgBQo8ick6vctt6Sl2bLEA

Firmware update confirmed!  lot of flashing lights!

GnRq0bCrohIt-OoeDz753oe0nonT29KMexiRn_Hh

So now able to use the new programming interface which looks a lot easier than the older one!

yTMYoaz67e6eQVGl5UmUQHVbd7RhefmUjTwHYj6U

Back light on so it's easier to read now configured.  Note the RPM max 8-), but had to lose some low end resolution to get it to 10k RPM scale.  Playing with the first 2 screens, but having trouble getting the data from the ECU.  If I can I'll setup one screen as a "ROAD" screen and put the rev limit a lot lower. 

Ctz0u4psfF-JTzQ3TQUxNNLDO1iKnCt9cghg2WHy

uWPl-XAeDAzN8VHSVH_zV4dnG_pOCX6z3LpXd0cT

I will place a call to Race Technologies later as I think it's something simple as setting up the CANBUS connection but at the moment it's only able to pull basic data from the ECU, no speed or oil temp/pressure even though the manual says it can and the ECU has those sensors attached and setup