MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

20 hours ago, Chandler said:

bloody hell mate, thats some awesome work there!

Cheers mate.  Got the ECU up and running today, thank you for the data on that.  Not tried the map yet but the ECU is reading the sensors I have managed to connect while on the bench and didn't short anything out so I'm really happy about that.  Just figuring out how to make it talk to the dash next and it can all go back into the car!  The CANBUS link seems to be a little bit sketchy, Race Technologies are going to call and dial into my laptop tomorrow to go through the settings to see it it's something simple, hoping it is.

IMkYQ-h8HJ5_GGD1BRuRno_EzghglJips8ttCULD

0SrjUVctwyRlFUu7Cx7YRPPt7ZY6ZfRNf18mq7GK

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 11:41 AM, DeLaSoul said:

I work in America, China, Australia and New Zealand, but I'm not going to Scotland! :lol:

Well thats not very friendly, its only a short trip! Think your just being anti social or sumfin lmao :lol:

Good to see it back on its wheels mate. Bet you cant wait to get your hands on that engine, looks sweet!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 12:45 AM, Dave said:

Well thats not very friendly, its only a short trip! Think your just being anti social or sumfin lmao :lol:

Good to see it back on its wheels mate. Bet you cant wait to get your hands on that engine, looks sweet!

Me, anti social? Pah, never! :D

It's good to be able to see how it sits, it's a lot lower on the front now with the extended ball joints and that's without the engine back in!

Speaking of the engine - 

EbGe48ljKanOsJvh1vnEGcafh2LPWrjEQM1oYKul

V-TEC solenoids, shiny one for the rebuild.  All cleaned, new seals and filter and Skunk2 cap to top it off :)

4tFsc6UJEI4IzvV4wigYBenteBQuYPSbHByQuRRN

WTf9uLznDC63A-kk-caBrjDALOAFo49LF83mD65T

le3MpSD_vHKNKUujbu1YO5v64go0eAsO5nWNhX7F

Bottom pulley needs to be fitted but I have to trim the lower timing belt cover to make it fit so I couldn't fit it on the weekend.  Wiring all fits and is mostly hidden behind the engine

RajmY9qALlJ-SfUvuRDUpfKWrE3zZbQwt2SIADbs

Almost ready to drop in!

DASH2 has been a total headache to get operational.  Race Technologies have been great in helping remotely through email and phone calls and it now is 95% there.  I've set the screens to read any data channel I can find at the minute.  MPH is out but that probably a formula I have wrong somewhere.  It's a factor of 5 out consistently so should be easy to fix.  Gear is coming from the ECU at the moment and should clear once the chassis is moving.  Either the dash can calculate the gear or the ECU and send the data.  Basically, if the ECU can read it, it can send it so it's then a matter of making the dash read it.  You can only send 15 items which is more than enough!  The dash is connected to the ECU by CANBUS like all modern cars which is only 2 wires, so you have to format the data from the ECU into something the DASH2 can pickup and then tell the DASH2 how to decode it.  The DASH2 can be made to send alarms if it sees any bad readings like a low oil pressure or high water temp.  It was making the 2 items talk which was a headache.  Even though RT have done it before, any minor issue with the setup of the ECU or DASH2 CANBUS would mean nothing would come up on the display.  Some screen shots below.  The MPH works when I connect the VSS to a drill :D 

BRyLkI40uR_sp6-g3NHJh2VrVTaN_p2exy0B55EW

OID4wzlXG7QO3rYcDyoh0vVho0Fm46OSo5yIYafI

PT_UwIc97ibRiCvfUH6pU2zxM1hdj3ucmJHDPcYl

Edited by DeLaSoul
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Chandler said:

you need to put up some pics of the rear of the engine, the wiring is tidy mate

Cheers, I will try and get some pics this weekend.  Still got the MAP sensor to fit somewhere under the manifold once I mount the vacuum bar and that's all the wiring on the engine done.  At the moment the wires are left long just in case.