MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

11 hours ago, DeLaSoul said:

Cheers, I will try and get some pics this weekend.  Still got the MAP sensor to fit somewhere under the manifold once I mount the vacuum bar and that's all the wiring on the engine done.  At the moment the wires are left long just in case.

yep, i've got to mount a MAP sensor now, think mine was like a tester on how to do things with maz, as he's saying different things now i'm getting problems and to do different bits.

i'm also getting Electric PS now seeya.gif1

23 minutes ago, Chandler said:

yep, i've got to mount a MAP sensor now, think mine was like a tester on how to do things with maz, as he's saying different things now i'm getting problems and to do different bits.

i'm also getting Electric PS now seeya.gif1

Interesting, so where are you going to mount the EHPS pump?

1 minute ago, DeLaSoul said:

Interesting, so where are you going to mount the EHPS pump?

Well Maz had the idea of getting a small washer bottle with dual pumps and mounting that somewhere and putting the pump behind the bumper. But don’t know yet 

Just now, Chandler said:

Well Maz had the idea of getting a small washer bottle with dual pumps and mounting that somewhere and putting the pump behind the bumper. But don’t know yet 

That's what I was looking to do but it's a lot of work to build the mount that's secure enough. Not impossible but that's why I put mine where I did as it was easier, secure and not easy to damage.  Take a knock to the bumper and lose power steering?  No thank you!

35 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Ye man. I kinda thought putting it down where the air con rad used to be. But dunno if it’ll look s**t there :/ 

NOOOO, where the battery tray was or if you've ditched the ABS look over there

38 minutes ago, DeLaSoul said:

NOOOO, where the battery tray was or if you've ditched the ABS look over there

battery location i've got my catch can, could look at ABS place, but i have my brake Prop valve there

Few updates over the weekend - 

Race Technologies came back to me about the Speedo reading being out on the DASH2 - seems I discovered a bug in the last firmware and the display was showing m/s not MPH?!?!  New software installed on the laptop, just need to connect to the DASH2 and update the program.  Glad we can sort it!

Engine - went down and did a few jobs on the engine like fit the cam cover baffles, properly fit the cam cover, modify the timing belt cover to clear the 4 Piston oil pump and Fluidamper bottom pulley etc. etc.  I'd lost all the timing belt bolts so Hond-R to the rescue on Saturday morning as they had a spare set.  Bloody typical that I then find them all as soon as I went to work on the engine!   Little details like fitting the S2 washer kit and some MPC washers to the V-TEC solenoid and intake with all Stainless fittings just set it off for me too :)

ECiG8TIwSWr0Tz3f1C3zvJ2uqdZBhnzqtreN1vVx

Qe1KIA4GVZaqKGR0DZkhezDBJJU-1fVO1dmCdxtR

kpewcU3BMfYpKUGeftAqr27rEapLRZ5DaSDpCvZq

xspDHBxEVcAsg-xxbAv2sic-4vwzv27GOhYQPrnJ

Wiring needs to be pinned up at the back but it all fits.  Need to do this before it gets put back in the car but really need the gearbox and T brace refitted first so will have to be done while the engine is on the hoist

dWp_02Wk1wsbjbrREF6DPe487HomV-Z4oxgKrYuZ

I also have to fit the vaccum collector block for the MAP sensor.  To be totally honest I don't need it, I can run the ECU on alpha n but it won't hurt to put it on for the sake of tuning.  Just makes the back of the engine harder to work on.  I've made the bracket, just need to fit it.

NbYMVDYo0pXVIjghvaoU_bID6d-8wAmT2wgSBKjL

Sunday - nice weather so pushed the chassis outside to fit all the little bits to the doors.  I bought a set of the little clips that hold the outer door seals in place so I could make sure it they all went back in correctly.  Quick blast and rub down with silicone spray, fill in the missing gaps with the little clips and refit all 4 seals

LGvTlgpqxBouEZPKNSwCotg-H8UaAWlG2JGnc7vh

68LeTdHw-4htJ90LaTFbJPfnOnPeyDIOXo0vLiPd

Also bolted in the passneger side windows to the the doors and took the covers off the rear quarter panel and boot lid windows.  Had to refit the side skirts and align them properly after I took them off to do the wiring in the front wings. 

JfU_vSXSxkZ7JZOxZMKM32yrxu18A9Xqntz0dvZ5

tChikcgtvMfEmS4ecPH6J2cCJjsZ8fmGfVz98459

Front bumper is also now secure, and I've modifed it to take the larger fog lamps.  Just can't find the other lamp, must have put it safe when I was cleaning the garage.......

Yes I know I need to re-paint the grill!

BvT-kCRL4hflEBMyYgBIKHO_hPTKiQAdm7NJX1ZV

• Like 1