MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

12 hours ago, Chandler said:

looks good mate, are you having a small window in the drivers side? i always like a bit of fresh air when i drive

Yes, both front windows have vents and I have a small fan blower behind the dashboard

20 minutes ago, Krzys said:

I imagine it won't be used on the public roads much but even on track I have the windows open, gets really hot for me.

True, it won't be on the road but I want to be cool/warm.  If it becomes too much then I'll look to put small vents in the rear windows to pull air out of the cabin

1 hour ago, DeLaSoul said:

Yes, both front windows have vents and I have a small fan blower behind the dashboard

True, it won't be on the road but I want to be cool/warm.  If it becomes too much then I'll look to put small vents in the rear windows to pull air out of the cabin

I've found that even doing a trackday in December I still get quite warm in the car but I'd never ditch the fan heater ever haha.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DeLaSoul said:

nice mate :) 

Good Friday, good day on the car more like!

Passenger door card now in and the door lock taken into account.  

vjprfVDDDgXp_0pn3FE6GdH_1_EGFIuH5Op17ab_

Traced it out for the drivers side

rgfGYKrPRuCaocMnLhi7wmJbNiHvFB7Jw3bElmjC

KR1qluEoTG1JXLGVIzcqBPR87IvtOMJIV4ohJEn7

oHR9fP_WYypQeMYDEgjFu9qNgJE_c5P2EQZJgeRV

C8oNFXPswGUQCxZyGRnM-DI6-8gPF99DBUtwvDeE

I know not everything under the dash is done but I wanted to fit everything so I could work out where to mount the door pulls and get a feel for what it's like to sit in the seat once more :)

zN44uPj_SFvCxaaYVEV1wG-0UPUGjIeAuu7afD9c

Dash isn't quite lined up so need to adjust the brackets it's sitting on next time I take it out.  Switch panel is perfect though, won't hit it accidentally, can easily reach it with the harness on

co72hFcA3pY005jasTYPnc4yVKMHU6sx867Qt-Kg8Nkn9d_Rp69qmkxgzruLEjPgTjmLRVyBWJ1WJB_4

kSgg9Glnvnrn01ozpITbK1rPgzzNY6joGjL6K3dB

and yes I spent a while in the drivers seat!  Love how comfortable it is and I can still get in and out easily.  It does feel weird with the door card in place as before you could rest on the roll cage and your arm would go into the door but I should have both hands on the wheel anyway.

Also couldn't help test fitting the windscreen :)

wjpYpJ2gJCT8VnV8kKgLLRT3m9GqT5vBHILf8IF2

You can see the heating elements on the inside but not when you are looking through the glass.  I've never totally unwrapped it before but the wires to the heating elements are at the bottom so should be easy to hide under the dash

Got around to test fitting the centre console too.  All the main switches are in easy reach, but I think I now know what is going to the left had side of the digital dash - any switch I need quickly as there is a lot going on with all the circuit breakers! Plus it's not easy to see some of them

zVhBUWaDGoPy5zco_EQwrRIenOkJChw7w8zFVQvQ

E8OXgWPtu6IkwGSeOp-9lRzFtkLFKTvBmf_Xy37D

Last job was to start on the door pulls.  Whole reason of fitting the seat in the first place - see where I could reach the pull strap and then work out how to mount it.  Did the passenger side first once I'd figured it out

sMru0ZYxemOQYHxKNDNQjCFY4jZ-qA0DnuNgwzFR

cxSdOiOvYjE5zd0wmZDhf5W2yiYYJne77DMST_fh

It's mounted to a 2mm aluminium plate that's fixed back to the door structrure rather than the door card.  Less chance of some ham-fisted idiot pulling off the door card later on!

Edited by DeLaSoul
spelling
  • Like 1

Brake lines were the task for the today, needed to keep busy

uW_1S87anXzKAxf1CUkBQeVIxyrGASv336Uxy6csauzKL-kFvCINgmIGzWmnm0jlKkSXpT9SgaCPlosk

mctDAPS2dUBh-wNmLWuNMDvKDQisJ_y3StGRDG09

All the pipework needs clipping into place but it's all routed apart from the pedal box.  Had to put the decals back on the rear doors next as I've been itching to do it for a while.

PqAes71mnlxPuwHf6W0-jjgnqkJ73pSKlB1dE0AF

yupz6LxAsfqPHoy0CyoSquV3FwCP4mefwb1sOlIG

KbVGIQ9SPN60KC00WcEuzuKopjyENLkCiwu4mtxU

Fire and fuel lines next...

jM-cauWaTDqHEFouDLvPSN4AoR3gsrqEhX532xp_

Again, needs to be clipped in.  The fuel lines seem way too long, looks like I'll need to re-route or shorten them.

Edited by DeLaSoul
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Krzys said:

I bet while you were sat in there you pretended to be driving it too didn't you? :D

Looking good dude, fast becoming a car again!

Were you watching me.... Of course I was, even had the harness on!  Pedals felt weird but then I remembered I need my racing shoes as my steel toe caps are too wide.

Carbon roof next and then it's onto sealing in the last of the windows and the chassis is mobile again without covers so I can trailer it down for the engine install 

• Like 1