MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

6 hours ago, noodels said:

Weld them bloody rear doors shut too help body rigidity & bracing. :D

Chassis is already rigid enough!  I have a video somewhere of it rocking on the axle stands after I got it back from having the cage put in.

All the windows are now in, just had the last one to drill and secure last night so it's all set to go off and have the engine installed :)

T3aBNVWGMt64t38-heirJOu7zCHvR4afxdX-eac-

• Like 3

Small jobs until the car goes in for the engine but all helps:

Repainted the grill, better prep this time.  Black plastidip so can change it anytime.

t-qhqqSO3KfhdmRZForcaSuI2pyIcKmzxBmfmODU

1vpHjI9W-cpRJ2rHjDLKrzhN3tG3kQ0Hal8YAUSa

Also found the other fog lamp, I think these look so much better than the smaller ones!

Routed and connected the accusump hose.  Had to cut away the inner bulkhead skin so I could get the nut on and mount the oil fitting securely.  I hate these jobs especially now the car's painted

CbWT9cn9y_NdbG9dSR6WSURmCTpyTDnM0BCwW7SO

Lgvh-YY_Su2m5W7VRs3Z_CYYGNuuw1AoaXI0a-p3

Had to redo the other side of this as I had the non-return valve on the wrong side of the fitting.  Took the time to re-route the PS hoses too.  Need a new mount to keep them from rubbing on the oil lines but can sort that later.

bNGUfYeexuDVEckr3hlyOoVcrMjiEBxhU75Fz4MC

Rebuilt the gear shift linkage, new polybushes and all powder coated parts, Buddyclub short shift and weighted gear-knob

QIvRc-dA7pruMMs680wIdOFlmBg_YjHo3xJ3LHf-

ztqjIy-ZMoQBsIzE5lvMvXSA31bcZUL8HjvjwaRY

Also repainted the surround in the car.

w2cvGst2Vopf_485LcQsLAtFKLPkb5Y8DQ4V1jCu

Reset the seat and harnesses correctly.  I had the seat 1 hole out but now sits perfect

mfBSUZmxQG9nr4gjsyg3RFZVV1-pOh78lbYwl7F7

xdsjzbCK-xxkwrGx1b7ueTNfSnzyJoVdOpcPsvgJ

Tied down all the pipes and hoses to the rear (bar the fuel lines) so all looks good.  Need to do the same at the bulkhead next

sxae-YS4Z0DetsiTochtlqfiv1bizl6nAOXYumm4

BnUXNngctxvPc7N5Fq9NReSBVF_Wq-mfu7aqR9Hj

sww4tnhsXdtXLOpovznHCkHAEjkCboJrQpHmqgiv

Finally, a friend has redone the trailer from front to back.  All new paint, lights ramps and boards.  Also fitted the electric winch so no more sore arms winding the car on and off anymore!

YGyIvdWRtII015Kh-fHFusY686hPxC3hvL7DcyUw

The Aerodeck goes back to the bodyshop next weekend to sort the rear bumper then in for the engine and gearbox to be installed.  Coming down to the final fixes plus the exhaust and it's ready for mapping!!

• Like 2

Coming together now, looking great so far too. 8-)

Trailer actually looks pretty nice, so glad so far we've always been able to drive the car on and off the one we use!

Starting to get closer to the exciting part now :D

4 hours ago, Krzys said:

Coming together now, looking great so far too. 8-)

Trailer actually looks pretty nice, so glad so far we've always been able to drive the car on and off the one we use!

Starting to get closer to the exciting part now :D

Cheers, I know it'll start to slow down as it's all small jobs for the next few weeks.  I bought the trailer with a mate a few years ago and he uses it for his business and stores it and my truck, I use it when ever I need it.  He did all the maintenance on it so I'm happy with that, should last a few more years now! 

3 hours ago, Chandler said:

looking good mate! making me want to carry on with mine 

Get it done mate, there's something therapeutic about working on the car every now and then 8-) 

Edited by DeLaSoul
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Should have a civic5 meet when this bad boy goes on the track for the first time :D

That would be a good day out!  Give me another 3 years to finish the car and I'll be there! :lol:

I know I've had the dashboard in a number of times, but I've moved the dash over an inch to better line up with the steering wheel and my seating position.  Center console is just placed in as it needs more cutting to go around the oil line to the Accusump.

VO9loQXVP-NP13gLFTVd_TErQhNc_NryNt4HUw5o

g5y_mllgpAejFEstgHfEZE8tehBzk_WvgnZdPACP

SLczJomQlp_LxCH9MowvlGciEhrvHoyZeaGirKVt

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Should have a civic5 meet when this bad boy goes on the track for the first time :D

I'd be up for that, also under the right circumstance I'd bring Dave out for a track day too!

• Like 1