MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Looks even more amazing each time you post up new pics mate. Totally agree on those fog lights, they are so much nice than the smaller standard ones, (and also uber rare! Please don't crash! lol) Amazing work on this one, and loving the refurbed trailer as well.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2018 at 10:39 PM, Dave said:

Looks even more amazing each time you post up new pics mate. Totally agree on those fog lights, they are so much nice than the smaller standard ones, (and also uber rare! Please don't crash! lol) Amazing work on this one, and loving the refurbed trailer as well.

I hope I don't ever crash, but you never know!  I've found out where to replace the lights so I'm not to worried, the brackets on the other hand.....

Back in the bodyshop this weekend to sort the rear bumper alignment.  Trailer refresh made it even better to tow (it was good before) and the electric winch made working alone easy.  Also got to find all the leaks, luckily only a few small ones in the scuttle where I drilled the fire and electrical pull cords

_N9NF2bg85Q7dG2MrlCKDCDGLgYYST69X1jIxhVi

YCioB-ABA33Hey-dd9XhetYUIAzVsLQjhm7XOoqb

Back bumper didn't align on the right side and it's been a mystery for a few months.  Luckily Ed figured it out, the quarter panel I have was from a hatch and is quite different around the bumper/arch interface 

7WSLP8zGXSoUWwY1nG1xHlflaszLOyTvtrl5B7Ev

Mounting holes are a mile apart too

PbpD_04LTDVZXQ8JRteY_EoAhEvls-Ui18IJ0hk7

So it's time to cut and shape the arch to match the bumper.  Already 60% there and he only started on it this afternoon!

cQMki2CULZtgG11O2wIBuc0IHzW-nqTWUYjtlFcj

Going to roller the arches at the same time too.  At least now I don't have to worry about replacement bumpers if I damage one as a new one will bolt straight on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeLaSoul said:

Back bumper didn't align on the right side and it's been a mystery for a few months.  Luckily Ed figured it out, the quarter panel I have was from a hatch and is quite different around the bumper/arch interface 

Mounting holes are a mile apart too

Interesting that you say that... I've just bought a couple of repair panels for the hatch - good to know in advance that there might be an issue :)

2 hours ago, DeLaSoul said:

10 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Interesting that you say that... I've just bought a couple of repair panels for the hatch - good to know in advance that there might be an issue :)

Would be worth a really close look.  I had a quick scan through the hatch and aerodeck do look different.  I also went back through my photos from 2015 (when I first got the panels) and it looks like I did indeed get the one off the hatch looking at the rear light.  The quarter is slightly different at the bumper edge and very different around the light. When mine was cut in it was pretty much just at the wheel arch so the light issue wasn't and issue.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8mbqbnwKcYeLW9i39

Wiring off my phone so can't post a photo but the link should show the genuine Honda and aftermarket patch panels I had to do the job.  At least the body shop can fix it easily

2 hours ago, Chandler said:

how come you didn't get the arches roller before paint? surely that would've made sense?

shame about the rear arch aswel mate :( 

Wheels didn't get close enough to worry about it before paint so didn't bother.  By the time we do the cambers correctly it still shouldn't be an issue but he's got the car and can do it so he may as well.  If the arches are warmed up first and it's done properly it won't damage the paint

6 hours ago, DeLaSoul said:

Wheels didn't get close enough to worry about it before paint so didn't bother.  By the time we do the cambers correctly it still shouldn't be an issue but he's got the car and can do it so he may as well.  If the arches are warmed up first and it's done properly it won't damage the paint

fair enough mate. ye thats the usual way is to warm up the arch so the paint will mold with the metal

Bodywork update, the metalwork is now done so just needs smoothing and prepping for paint

yWBZum0Dl5MGK56TezW04WeQPUiFhhVgJS1VhG0f

Gearbox is almost done too, and is now fitted with a 4.7 final drive, all new syncros, seals and new bearings all round.  

DiNPrk4przF83tdF5TwdLaxkn73mSzB8X-OdF5Ix

dnBERsqdRFqxvPZiFHEoHxcQ7usreqpEc3b1l9zs

UsqXhInmEJe9S-vl5U4BcBXtJ29PQUHo_6Ay3Oy2

-L3AvNi0-AwP_mHE4X3xeGTNuB-oUSH9S2Eia_kv

• Like 2