MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

never sell this!!! and if you do, sell it to me lol!

lol, no plans on selling it just yet. Now I've driven it I got a few more ideas brewing ;) Going to drive it over Germany next month to watch the superbikes, plenty of time to sort all the ideas out and budget.

MM will be easier job with rack/shift rods out of the way and mani/ cat ect. ;)

Hopefully. Thinking about changing the bottom ball joints as well now as they will be the final component in the suspension, plus they are pretty cheap :D . They were okay when I checked them but it would be a shame not to do them and that really would be EVERY component on the suspension. I need to put the car in the air and take off the hubs, so a good opportunity to get the last of the motor mount & rack bushes sorted.

Be nice, pity you didnt wait and do the traking ect after this final stage of perfection,but no doubt a mate can do a quickie ;)

Won't need it, I'm not taking anything apart that will effect the geometry. I can remove the calliper, undo the drive shaft and split all 3 ball joints, done this before :D

what make are you rear camber adjusters mate? they look bloody awesome

Hi, they are Skunk2 camber adjusters from a an EG/DC2.

edit: Sorry, now I'm at a computer not using a bloody phone :)

Skunk2 Camber adjusters from the EG/DC2. Straight fit, no mods needed. I needed adjustment with all the other mods to get the camber back "on track"

Dave

awesome build!

First "proper" drive last night without trade plates, now she is all taxed up and legal. Needs a little fine tuning on the damping for track/spirited driving but on the road long distance she is spot on.

Ride is firm but still compliant enough not to smash my spine to pieces, car is sooooo much sharper on turn in with the rear ARB. Stance is almost spot on for my liking, may need a small adjustment at the rear by 5mm or so but a 2 minute job.

Happy happy happy!!!

Spec so far:

Front -

Buddy club P1 Camber links

Avo GTZ coilovers

350lbs springs

1" drop

Honda OEM ARB bushes

Energy Suspension bushes (wishbones & top mounts)

HEL brake lines

EBC USR Discs

EBC Greenstuff pads

DOT 5.1 brake fluid

Energy Suspension motor mount inserts, steering rack bushes, gear linkage bushes

Rear -

Skunk2 Camber links

Skunk2 "Black series" LCA's

Avo GTZ coilovers

200lbs springs

1" drop

Energy suspension top mount bushes

MG ZS 20mm ARB

Mugen trailing arm bushes

Competition bushing toe compensator bushes

HEL brake lines

SW98 16"x7" wheels, Toyo T1R 205/45/ZR16 tyres

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
did you get any further with adjustable rear arb links?

No not yet, been busy at work making new parts on the lathe so other "projects" have been put on hold ;)

I did manage to heat wrap the new manifold though, came out better than expected but I did itch like mad for a while afterwards :oops:

2011-08-28%25252019.17.52.jpg