MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

How is this coming along Dave, as we haven't seen an update for a while.

No movement here, in fact I've been mega busy with work so haven't had time to do anything Civic related :( Heated front screen has arrived from the group buy which looks awesome but no chassis to fit it to. I'm going to be over in China for most of June so I am trying to get the chassis back before I go so the bodyshop has several weeks to paint it while I'm away but I don't hold out much hope as the fabricator has had several full blown race cars in to work on so mine gets pushed to the back of the workshop. It'll be great once it's done, just taking months longer than planned banghead.gif1crash.gif1

Bring some Neo chrome lower control arms back from china mate :idea::D

sick-smileys-1050.gif]:lol::lol:

I'll be up in hills working near the Tibetan border, not many car tuning places where I'm heading!

b****r, the only ones I can find on ebay are out there! [smash.gif]

I'm going to regret asking this but where are they in China? I'll be flying to Hong Kong then transferring to the mainland and be over there for 1-2 weeks at a time from June until September on and off

Minimum order 100 sets!!!!! Case isn't that big mate :lol: Also didn't know that Skunk2 came from that area of China WACK11111

I guess these aren't available from Skunk2 in the UK? I can't remember who imports them now......

Edit - Quick check - I'll be 1150miles from there as the crow flies...........

Minimum order 100 sets!!!!! Case isn't that big mate :lol: Also didn't know that Skunk2 came from that area of China WACK11111

I guess these aren't available from Skunk2 in the UK? I can't remember who imports them now......

Edit - Quick check - I'll be 1150miles from there as the crow flies...........

yes 100 set delivered, but if you were to go knock on the door ;)

1150 miles :( that puts a spanner in the plan [smash.gif]

Slight detour. :lol:

You need to get on civlife and start a group buy there, there's more of them. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Took a week off before I fly off to far away places (and won't be bringing back 100 sets of anything! :lol: ) to go up and do a few pieces to the car. Everything is in place for the me to start setting up the driving position so we placed the pedal box and seat to get a feel for what it will be like in the car [smash.gif]

IMG_20130529_134302.jpg

IMG_20130529_134240.jpg

Pedal box with and without false floor. To stop me jamming my heels in the floor ruts they've had to lift the box a little and put a flat plate over the flooring. As with everything else it's top notch. I tried to use the pedals while wearing trainers and I keep catching the throttle when going for the brake but it's fine when I'm wearing racing shoes, still need to be careful!

IMG_20130529_134431.jpg

IMG_20130529_134427.jpg

Started to weld up all the holes in the bulkhead that I won't need. I'm going to be a tart and do a wiring tuck so these aren't required.

IMG_20130529_134440.jpg

Welding up the engine mounts to give the everything a little more strength.

Coming along nicely, but I doubt I'll have the car on track this summer, looking more and more like next year before the deck gets used in anger