MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

so whats your next plan dave

nice work so far

Cheers :D

Integra DC2 Torque mounts turned up today, as well as a Momo steering wheel & boss from eBay (I hate airbags :twisted: ). I picked up a set of Buddy Club front camber arms last night so those items will take up all of Saturday to install. Once this is done I can get the alignment done - so I've taken a few days off next week and booked it in to a friends garage. We can run through all the nuts and bolts to make sure I've got it all done right, another pair of eyes and all that. New Alpine/iPod head unit is almost in so I have some decent tunes to listen to. Now debating on which Intake system to go for, AEM v2 long RAM or K&N Typhoon. Busy busy busy. I'll post up pics as I finish the next few stages :ugeek:

Alot of people stay clear of open filters for the b18. A very good mod is to use a DC2 airbox with panel filter and cold air feed. I just have the std airbox with resonator removed and K&N panel filter.

Alot of people stay clear of open filters for the b18. A very good mod is to use a DC2 airbox with panel filter and cold air feed. I just have the std airbox with resonator removed and K&N panel filter.

Okay, I will bear that in mind. I have read a few forums on the DC2 airbox, good and bad. In the past I have used Typhoon kits, but built a Carbon/Aluminium heat shield in the engine bay to isolate it from hot air. Haven't decided yet which way to go.

i had the same prob with my ignition, thought it was something serious but a mate said it was a common fault 47quid 2yr ago an never had a prob since loving all the suspension mods looks first class

Cheers. Yeah I thought it was a big problem, even more so when it wouldn't start after I changed the switch but it was all good in the end. At least it's only a few screws to swap the switch out

Okay, quick update. Front suspension was all finished over the weekend and the car is finally back on its wheels (yeay!)

New upper arms from Buddy Club. QC could be a little better but they went on okay in the end. I test fitted everything before changing all the bushes

2011-07-30%25252009.46.18.jpg

2011-07-30%25252009.46.26.jpg

Assembled the front coilovers and fitted everything to the car

2011-07-30%25252013.55.39.jpg

2011-07-30%25252013.55.44.jpg

Finally, put the wheels on and check the ride height - Before

IMAG0158.jpg

After -

2011-07-30%25252014.37.05.jpg

Car is sitting 2" lower than stock at the first check so too low for what I want. The fronts adjust really easily, just jack up the car and use the C spanner - don't even need to take the wheel off. The rear is a little more fiddly but not hard. The car is now sitting 1" below stock. I've taken it around the village and it's not too harsh a ride, but is a hell of a lot sharper. This week it goes in for a full geo, so I can lean on it a bit more after that :mrgreen:

Clearing up - quick pic of some of the bits swapped this last few weekends

2011-07-30%25252017.53.37.jpg

Going to move onto the body next as I've found a little bit of metal worm around the back of the car that needs sorting, then I can re-fit the rear door decals and worry about the engine over the winter.