Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

Cheers Nick, will have a browse back through.

I do have half a bar of dodo clay left which, weather permitting, I will get on with this week. Although the way the weather is today I might be waiting a while as the last time I washed, clayed, polished and waxed I think novels out there for 6 hours!!

May have a look at the Meg stuff, I have heard good things about them in the past.

Thing is right now, I need to pick up a bottle today/tomorrow and I don't think there is anywhere near me that sells dodo products over the counter, so may well try that next time. Opie oils sell their products so when I order oil n filter, I'll get some of their shampoo too.

Yeah, weather is shocking at the moment, can't get near mine to clean it, the only day in the last couple of weeks that was any good was xmas day and I got a bollocking for thinking about it. :lol:

The Megs stuff is good and the ultimate wash and wax seems to last for ages too, good value and available at halfrauds.

Yeah, weather is shocking at the moment, can't get near mine to clean it, the only day in the last couple of weeks that was any good was xmas day and I got a bollocking for thinking about it. :lol:

The Megs stuff is good and the ultimate wash and wax seems to last for ages too, good value and available at halfrauds.

Yeah hate to say it but I think I might need to pop into halfrauds on the way there or back.

Ha cleaning the car on Xmas day, that would've gone down like a sack of sh*t my side too lol.

im currently using Dodojuice Wookiefist, so i'd go for something that is wool based to wash the car with. as for shampoo i use Dodojuice born to be mild.

autoglym stuff is good and you can't go wrong with it. but get some acid free wheel cleaner. i've got some Bilberry wheel cleaner which is acid free and you dilute it so it can last for ages!!

• Like 1

im currently using Dodojuice Wookiefist, so i'd go for something that is wool based to wash the car with. as for shampoo i use Dodojuice born to be mild.

autoglym stuff is good and you can't go wrong with it. but get some acid free wheel cleaner. i've got some Bilberry wheel cleaner which is acid free and you dilute it so it can last for ages!!

How long have you had your Wookiefist for?   Would you recommend it?

I'm in dire need of a new wash mitt but can't fine one that lasts for any length of time.  After a few months my wool mitts usually disintegrate from cleaning in the washing machine, or the inside lining drys up and falls apart.  My old Meguiars one has lasted for years and still going strong but now relegated to washing the girlfriends car rather than mine lol

Anyone else recommend a good well-made wash mitt?

How long have you had your Wookiefist for?   Would you recommend it?

I'm in dire need of a new wash mitt but can't fine one that lasts for any length of time.  After a few months my wool mitts usually disintegrate from cleaning in the washing machine, or the inside lining drys up and falls apart.  My old Meguiars one has lasted for years and still going strong but now relegated to washing the girlfriends car rather than mine lol

Anyone else recommend a good well-made wash mitt?

i've had it for a few months, with it you need to brush it everytime you use it as its real lambs wool, it is massive and holds an unholy amount of water.

you need to let them dry properly especially the inside.

i normally wash it out under the tap to make sure there is no more soap left in the mitt, wring the mitt dry as much as you can then put a small pole (i use wood) and hang either outside under a shelter or in the garage or shed where it wont matter thats its dripping onto, once left overnight or 2 nights i bring it in and put it on the radiator to finish drying :)

they are expensive but are very good :) and will last if you treat them right :)

• Like 2

If anyone is looking a wash mitt, this seller is selling 5 for £10 :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Professional-Detailing-Valeters-Car-Wash-Mitt-Trade-Quality-Synthetic-Wool-/370931081149?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item565d371fbd

$(KGrHqEOKjUE5,(mBp9oBOjbI)M1ww~~_12.JPG

They're synthetic wool but they look very similar to the Meguiars wash mitt and at £10 for 5 I'll still hopefully get some longevity out of them lol

I've bought from this seller in the past and pretty decent service and prices too.

• 2 months later...
  • Dave unpinned this topic