Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

all of it in the end, it's an austerity type loco, and she came up very well.

Wow, I bet you're aching today.  The bit directly above the SRP bottle looks nice and shiny. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Guys... I been washing and polishing my car all day today and it cannot seem to get that deep shine like it use too 

Just looking at this Maguiar's spray wax and apparently it's good stuff. Would this be ok to use after polishing the car? Cheers :)

post-4651-0-51593300-1399141292.jpg

Guys... I been washing and polishing my car all day today and it cannot seem to get that deep shine like it use too 

Just looking at this Maguiar's spray wax and apparently it's good stuff. Would this be ok to use after polishing the car? Cheers :)

attachicon.gifautogeek_2269_22769653.jpg

Turtlewax polishing compound. Quite old stuff now but I think I will have to give it a good T-cut 

You don't want to keep using a compound polish, they are not designed for giving a deep shine they are designed for cutting and compounding.

Try something like Autoglym SRP, it's a good all-rounder easy to use and not too aggressive.

It's the wax that gives the real shine.

I haven't used the megs quick wax so I can't tell you how good it is but their stuff is usually good and yes it will be fine to use after polish.

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic