Ok, I'm always telling new members to get a project thread going, so thought I'd better put in mine! So, the brief....

Bought the civic from my wife when she got her aerodeck, she was the 2nd owner. It had full FHSH, and 32'000 miles on the clock! Had it for around 4 years now (she had owned it for a year)

As bought, completely standard

My civic no mods.JPG

First mod was to change the rear lights, as I hated the orange indicators. So changed to later style MB lights

new rear lights 2.JPG

Then I turned to the interior. Luckily for me, my wife got me a brand new, still in the box, OEM leather interior!

Trouble was, it was the actual leather lit itself, from Honda, and I had to retrim all my seats by hand!! Nightmare! Well worth the effort though. Aslo fitted a cd player, JVC, then followed that with another JVC which played MP£ aswell and had a funky display, but that broke so opted for a pioneer this time. The difference in sound quality is wicked, and this one does mp3/wav etc, and has input sockets on the front 8-) Upgraded the speakers to Sony Xploads (utter rubbish they are) anyways, the interior

My Honda (lovely leather interior drv side).JPG

Next, I got a rear boot spoiler for it, and at the same time, changed the rear bumper to the later style MB civic. Again, I just prefered the shape compared to MA civics, and it tied in with the rear lights

My Civic new rear bumper and spoiler.jpg

I got bored with the original 14" alloys, and wanted some 15"jordan style alloys. Could'nt find a set at the time, so opted for a brand new set of wolfrace excites, with 195/50/15 tyres. These look similar so was chuffed. Also fitted a genuine Honda sunroof wind deflector, for a bit of the JDM look lol. Also fitted one to Dawns aerodeck

civic wi new alloys 003.jpg

Then it was the brakes, and although it was never gonna be fast, I wanted it's brakes to be good! Fitted Black Diamond Grooved/vented front discs, with B/D predator pads. These were ok for a bit, but the predator pads were really poor. Changed them to ferodo, and now it stops perfect!

MyCivicpic11.jpg

Then i thought, the centre caps really spoiled the look of the wheels, so changed them to proper Honda ones

P3190090-1.jpg

Much better 8-)

Now to the front bumper, which has been buggin me. The car came with half colour coded bumpers, which meant the bottom half was just black plastic, which I hated. So, decided to fully colour code them, as I had just bought a new gun for my compressor :D Also replaced the grill with a new one, as the old one was perished and the chrome bumperdone001.jpgwas perished too, and fitted MB6 H/light washers, which I think change the look of the MA big time at the front

bumperdone002.jpg

So, not got any recent pics up appart from these I took after a good clay and polish on the civic and the aerodeck

carpolishingbonanza015sideviewmine.jpg

carpolishingbonanza012platesblanked.jpg

Plans are..

Respray bonnet as it's a replacement one which is white! Colour code the bump strips, mirrors.

Fit the VTI rear spoiler I have (with brake light)

Fit the vti (standard) front lip I have

Lower it

Fit front window wind deflectors

Fit the original MA front fogs I got for it 8-)

lookin sweet mate.i know what u mean about the half coloured bumpers, that front 1 looks mint,it will change the look.i need a rear mb 1 to.

bet that leather was a bitch 2 fit.

did u have to use plastic primer for the bumper?

found this ma whilst trawling the net.

unbenannt.jpg

looks like a stock bumper which has been well modded,no number plate recess and no join line(top/bottom)

it looks orleans blue 2.

LOL Not too sure on that custom bumper, a little bot o.t.t for me, but looks to be well done though. Yeah, you have to use the plastic primer, as the black plastic will never have been primed. Without the plastic primer, the paint won't stick and will last about a week! Make sure you prep it well.

The leather was a total pain to fit, with all these little metal hoops/clips to try and hook through the metal frames that run through the foam. My fingers were like worn down to stumps after it lol :lol: Don't think I'd attempt it again, but was worth the effort 8-)

Looking at that pic again, I do like the smoothed over numberplate recess, that bit looks cool

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, alot of time been spent blending that by the look of it. heres a recent pic of the car as it stands...

[attachment=1]civic at harbour1.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]civic at harbou2.JPG[/attachment]

When the next pics get posted, she'll look alot better ;)

Yeah, Simple mod but one I like alot. Makes it more MB'ish, but still confuses folk cos it's an ma! Theres plenty h/light washers for sale on here, check out the for sale for mb's breaking ;)

got started today.......one mod almost done, this wee mod will be finished by the weekend. 8-) Also went and got the paint/laquer/thinners etc today, so it'll soon be all systems go go go!!! ;)

• Dave pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic