Is MOT UK a forum, or is it an official website ran by VOSA? I will double check in the manual tomorrow, but when I have been on my MOT refresher courses, we have been told to give the customer the benefit of the doubt, which basically means, if the high level brake light doesnt work, then a tester has to assume it isnt connected, and not fail it for not working. As we are not allowed to take anything apart when doing a test, we cant check. So, if you disconnect it, we cant re-connect it to test it!!! To be honest, an MOT isnt worth the paper its written on, there are so many grey areas!! Its basically a test to make sure the vehicle meets a very low safety standard. You will probably hate me for saying this, but as a technician, i actually think the MOT test should be much stricter!! Anyway, i will get off my soap box now.................... Back to Daves Civic please!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

if the high level brake light doesnt work, then a tester has to assume it isnt connected, and not fail it for not working.

Now thats a good policy more test stations should take notice of.

i actually think the MOT test should be much stricter!!

Agreed the TUV test should be required all over europe.

Oh and Dave loving the interior; well worth the effort!

if the high level brake light doesnt work, then a tester has to assume it isnt connected, and not fail it for not working.

Now thats a good policy more test stations should take notice of

Like I say, I will check, but if im right, (which I am 99.9% sure I am) then ALL MOT stations should take notice, cos its the bloomin rules we have to abide by, by LAW!!!! So there............pmsl!!! :lol:

• 3 months later...

:oops: Not done much to her for ages, so thought id better get posting! Ok, today I fitted the new front brake pads, pretty straight forward job, but why is always the case when i do the pads, the blooming sliders on the caliper are always buggered! :evil:

Did the N/S, they went on fine, sliders working perfect. went to drivers side.....flippin nightmare! Sliders were seized up solid! :( managed to eventually get them free'd off, which im happy about cos normally they have to be replaced. Which means buyin the complete caliper bracket kit as honda wont sell the sliders seperate. Anyways, got it back together, and brakes are superb now! did the 50mile bed in, and now it pulls up brilliantly!

Also got the outer cv joint rubber boots replaced, as they had split. Got the garage to do them tho ;)

going to get the bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper and door mirrors prepped next week ready to get them into paint.

Also got the insides of the alloys cleaned while they were off, so thats another job done ;)

Watch this space.......the painting will be starting soon 8-)

• Dave pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic