**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

I am feeling pretty damn lucky this year!  :lol: I think the proper name is 'front lower tie-bar' Not for certain where it bolts onto but I can imagine it bolts to the front LCA's. I will have a go at fitting it tomorrow and I will post a video of the exhaust  :)

I have finally got a video up! Also a before and after  :)   I have also noticed on the 2nd video, my car is a bit more smokey but don't worry, she's all warmed up and gone for a 20 mile drive before giving it some revs ;)  

D15Z8 manifold and cat on

D16Z6 manifold and no cat

what an improvement. That sounds so throaty now i love it. Neither of my M's sound that good LOL

Thanks mates! Even today I still have the windows down listening to the exhaust  :lol:

Can't you even get a aftermarket back box on your wee MB3? 

I may have to get one for the other M as i plan to make lots of changes to our MB3 this coming year. Many miles have past and she is getting tired so i intend on doing some major work under the bonnet. Engine needs rebuild so going to go for it a bit (within budget) which will mean her getting a full system from mani to tip by the end of it...

• Like 1

Wow you really do have a heart for your MB3. I am the same with my car :lol:  I was going to stick a B-series in once it hits around 150'000 miles but I love these D15 engines too much! And obviously it won't be the same car if I did do an engine conversion. So I might do the same, just rebuild the original engine for the original car when the time comes  ;)