**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Nice!! Hope the seats all clean up! The bolster on the drivers seat may come back with some proper leather treatment?

I will try some leather treatment, it does look a bit rough... 

The weather has been great today so I got busy! Before fitting the VTi-S interior, I gave it a bloody good scrub and hoovered the car out. Everything was going smooth and then realized the rear seat catch mechanism isn't the same! It all lines up but doesn't catch. I hope to sort this out soon! I have also fit the middle seat belt wrong which you will notice in the pictures below :lol:

I then fit the VTi-S skirts, I absolutely love them. I might not bother respraying the skirts because hints of pirates black pearl comes up in the sun  [smitten.gif]

The skirts also make the car look a tad lower, goes to show how desperate I am wanting to lowering her :lol:

Whilst it was still day light, I gave her a quick wash :)

SAM_0258.jpg

SAM_0259.jpg

SAM_0260.jpg

Unfortunately the rear seat catch mechanism isn't the same but I hope to sort this out soon! :huh:  

SAM_0263.jpg

SAM_0264.jpg

Now I got to store the old interior somewhere  :unsure:

SAM_0266.jpg

SAM_0268.jpg

SAM_0269.jpg

SAM_0267.jpg

SAM_0270.jpg

SAM_0273.jpg

SAM_0275.jpg

• Like 2

Some leather treatment should sort that out nicely. I can't understand why the catches don't locate, same era seats so they should be fine. :unsure:

I am a bit confused too, the VTi-S was defiantly an R reg so it's the same year as mine. Oh well another excuse to go scrappy ;) I will apply some leather polish or something tomorrow :)

Looking awesome, just needs lowering and do the grill surround in black for an evil look ;)

The grill is currently in progress and lowering will be done! ;)

I am a bit confused too, the VTi-S was defiantly an R reg so it's the same year as mine. Oh well another excuse to go scrappy ;) I will apply some leather polish or something tomorrow :)

Ah, that explains it, the vtis might have been an R reg but that's a later interior so you will need the clips.

*Edit; I didn't realise yours was on an R, I thought it was an X reg for some reason.

It could be! Mmm... bit of a mystery ere, unless the car wasn't a VTi-S at all? :lol:

I think I need longer catches which is no biggie. Does anyone know if MG ZS, 400 or 45's are the same? Plenty of those in the scrappy haha