MB1 SRS clock spring

kkkostas

Hello there.

Does anyone know which type of clock spring do MB1 have?

I think that MB1 had 2 different clock springs during their lifetime. The most common one, which also fits to EJ/EK series isn't appropriate for my car.

I would be grateful to you if someone could tell me precisely which clock spring my MB1 has.

Many thanks

Well, I had the right one (clock spring),and finally I installed it! I mean the clock spring. It was the right one from the begining

but my previous mechanic was for rubbish. He didn't understand how to install it.

Now, it's installed propertly. I have horn, thanks God.

Conclusion...

All M's (regardless facelift or pre-facelift) DO HAVE the same wiper-indicator stalk AND THE SAME clock spring (airbag squib).

Whoever has the ugly 3-spoke non srs steering wheel it's piece of cake to put the 4-spoke srs one.

The Honda part code of the clock spring is...77900-st3-e81

The Honda part code of the indicator-wiper stalk (on which the spring is fitted) is..35251-st3-g81

They are the same for all M's

• 7 months later...

I have an mb2 with a factory option momo wheel for an eg. The previos owner of my car chopped the clock spring when they put a non srs wheel on. How have people gone about having a working horn when the clock spring has nothing to plug into? Is it possible for it still to work on the wheel/horn button or is it a must that it needs to be on a seperate switch?