::Yaseen:: MB4 ::

yaseen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably safer to stick with the easier mods mate with the auto box. Air filter/exhaust/de-cat (if you can be bothered with the changing at mot time lol) , then possibly cams etc. You could still just go the turbo route, as there are tons of cars that have a turbo and are auto's, although they were mostly designed form the offset to have the turbo on them, so not sure how well the civic autobox would cope. Looking good so far though, and I'd go with the mgzs shocks/eibach springs, as you ideally want to keep the same springs all round. 8-)

Probably safer to stick with the easier mods mate with the auto box. Air filter/exhaust/de-cat (if you can be bothered with the changing at mot time lol) , then possibly cams etc. You could still just go the turbo route, as there are tons of cars that have a turbo and are auto's, although they were mostly designed form the offset to have the turbo on them, so not sure how well the civic autobox would cope. Looking good so far though, and I'd go with the mgzs shocks/eibach springs, as you ideally want to keep the same springs all round. 8-)

Thanks Dave, yeah Im going to stay away from turbo at the moment, I might just end up selling the T25 and do some N/A mods instead, I think the first thing I might do is cams, because I totally forgot where I read it but cams from which D-series engine gave an extra 20 - 25hp I think Z6 or Y8 not sure though...

If you remember FREAKBOY he done the turbo on auto same engine and box as mine but he spend £££'s and time on it which I dont think Im willing to do atm. And lol having a hard time atm with the rear springs and shocks lol!!!

Tbh will not get 25 hp from cam upgrade :idea:

The turbo might though! ;)

Good build so far, bit weird with the back end so low though! I'm sure you'll sort it!

Any tips for tuning my engine is welcome, just need to get rid of the turbo I bought now to fund some N/A mods

Engine is D16B2 dont know what I can do to it apart from some breathing mods

You could go down the usual N/A route of upgrading cams/inlet Mani/exhaust mani etc plus a remapable ecu, and you still won't gain a 'major' increase in bhp though. Best thing to do IMO is to sell that turbo, save up for a decent (not eBay aka Chinese garett copy) turbo kit, plus a ecu and a few supporting mods AND gearbox!

Any tips for tuning my engine is welcome, just need to get rid of the turbo I bought now to fund some N/A mods

Engine is D16B2 dont know what I can do to it apart from some breathing mods

You could go down the usual N/A route of upgrading cams/inlet Mani/exhaust mani etc plus a remapable ecu, and you still won't gain a 'major' increase in bhp though. Best thing to do IMO is to sell that turbo, save up for a decent (not eBay aka Chinese garett copy) turbo kit, plus a ecu and a few supporting mods AND gearbox!

Cheers for the reply, Im basically heading towards the route of just getting it nice and tidy at the moment, ive looked into the turbo build for quite some time now and to be honest its not really worth it, the cars been massively reliable since I bought it and that for me is what I like to have, so just going to clean almost everything and do all the small bits which make a tidy car. By the way I bought the same plate as you, I saw your sig picture and had to a JDM plate too!! have you got a 12x6? I just bought one and it looks so much better!!!

Turbo is out of the question now I guess, next mod for me might be to overhaul the rear calipers as they are 50% seized and probably paint them but cant decide what colour, black car bronze wheels, I was thinking gloss black calipers too :)