ECU Reset Question

Nairnster

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I check codes?

And yes I did a full reset again leaving the fuses out for about 20min and running car at idle until the fan kicked in. Then switched off and on again.

ECU reset as a performance booster, now that's strange :o

To check the code, you have to use the diagnostic plug(the one with the 2 pins) which is situated in the pasanger seat on the right behind the plastic cover. Use a piece of wire or paperclip and etc. to connect the two pins together as in the picture. The car must be turned off when you do that. Then turn the key to 2 and watch the engine light. short blink = 1, long blink = 10. Count them and look up the code here:

http://www.fastjapcars.com/mod-subjects ... pe-all.htm

It is normal that the error disapears when you turn off and on the car it is stored in the ecu and after a while it shows it by CEL

2006-08-31_222625_DLC_94_civic2.gif

paperclip.jpg

Hi,

Thank you very much. Code that comes up is 41.

Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction

Does that mean lambda sensor is shot! And its only a few months old. Grrrr

ECU reset as a performance booster, now that's strange :o

To check the code, you have to use the diagnostic plug(the one with the 2 pins) which is situated in the pasanger seat on the right behind the plastic cover. Use a piece of wire or paperclip and etc. to connect the two pins together as in the picture. The car must be turned off when you do that. Then turn the key to 2 and watch the engine light. short blink = 1, long blink = 10. Count them and look up the code here:

http://www.fastjapcars.com/mod-subjects ... pe-all.htm

It is normal that the error disapears when you turn off and on the car it is stored in the ecu and after a while it shows it by CEL

2006-08-31_222625_DLC_94_civic2.gif

paperclip.jpg

not realy a performance booster more of a de~tox :lol::)

not realy a performance booster more of a de~tox :lol::)

Oh I wish that your mojo (can I use that word I like how it sounds :D) stuff worked on me too. I first changed the fuel filter and was excited that will feel a increase in power. Got in the car nothing, then adjusted the valve clearence - again nothing. Changed spark plugs and air filter - nothing.

Well previous owner whereever you are I hate you for leaving me with that perfectly serviced car :mrgreen::lol:

Hi,

Thank you very much. Code that comes up is 41.

Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater circuit malfunction

Does that mean lambda sensor is shot! And its only a few months old. Grrrr

Let me share my story. After installing my 4-2-1 header I got a CEL. Ran a check and don't remember the number but it was oxygen sensor. Seemed realistic because the sensor has to deal with way more air. Drove with the cel for a month it was popping on every trip. I was ready to purchase a new one but I went to the Honda service to change the antifreeze. They did that and drove the car outside but after a while they returned the car to the service (I think he saw the CEL). After 5 minutes the car was ready they didn't tell me anything about the CEL and I forgot to ask. After thaat several months have passed I have no CEL and I even think my MPG increased. I don't know what they did but I'm sure I didn't recieved a free new oxygen sensor :D So my point is that this CELs are not very good for diagnostic :?

Thats a nice story. But it bothers me too much to leave the light on for months, and I cant see me taking my car to Honda any time soon.

I believe it is very possibly the lambda as the current is a universal £20 from fleabay. Guess you get what you pay for. Ordered myself a proper NTK one today, so hopefully that will sort things out.

Hope to get my Lambda sensor fitted tomorrow. On a slightly different note. Has anyone here used a ELM327 connector to a laptop using Easy OBD software?

I manage to get everything connected through a 5pin to 16pin obd2 harness, start the program up and try to run it. Problem then is I get an error "No vehicle response / connection or power". I have tried to connect with the car in various states but no luck. Is it a faulty 5pin to 16pin harness or something else?

Thanks