My New Accord type r

stoatman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally got round to the alloys. I acquired a full set of ebay that were not buckled but in a horrible black paint. Initially I was going to paint them myself and looked around for a place to get them stripped to give me a headstart. A local place wanted 35 quid a wheel just to sand blast them !. Thought that was way to dear and visited a local alloy wheel repairer as h chemically strips them. He wanted 16 quid a wheel. After talking to him he agreed to strip and what he called "prime them ready for painting for 100 quid, thought that was ok and agreed. When I went to pick them up he had actually stripped , sanded and powder coated all wheels (I guess he had some left over from another job) and they looked amazing !!. In the end all I did was lacquer them . Ina massive coincidence they were the exact colour I wanted as I had already sprayed two centre caps to match. Check out the wheels and the lucky match !!>..........

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wheels look mint dude, really set off the colour! :D

My mum has the 2.3 Type V, properly comfortable but so slow! :lol:

Always been tempted by the Type R!

• 1 month later...