My New Accord type r

stoatman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first day driving after the second fettling by Vtec. In the end the car had my supplied handbrake cables and air-condensor fitted along with a re-gas. We found the inner CV boot had split (in the last 2 weeks !, original part though) so that was also replaced. A de-cat was fitted too as pic below , clutch and brake fluid change , full 4 wheel alignment (pulling to the left even after another garage had allegedly done an alignment !) and attach the grill fully (clips were missing).

Car fells alot better and smoother now. The decat and clutch fluid change have made the car much smoother as lower revs and with much less juddering on gear changes. The fluid change has also improved the fell of the gear box with a little less notchyness. Avoiding the 3rd to 5th shift the gear box feels perfect.

The less said about the tracking the better !. I paid best part of 50 quid (because it turned into 2 wheel alignment , should of been £65) for a 4 wheel alignment at a supposed good garage in Wrexham (may or may not sound a bit like temon meeks). They told me it was done but with two bolts at the back seized. I should have gone back straight away because the car pulled to the left still . Vtec direct however discovered it was miles out and one bolt was not seized and the other was easy to free up. Anyway, car now handles much better and tighter and no more pulling to the left .

Bad points, 1 or 2 alloys are a bit buckled which is concerning but only a slight judder is noticeable so far.

All in all Not bad for around 300 notes . Quite a bit sorted,

IMG_0928.jpg

Im saving up for round three !

• 2 weeks later...