UnicyclingTom

Unicyclingtom's work van mini project!

Explains everything. :rolleyes:

At least you're not stuck in the middle of nowhere.

No. It is! Tiny village. Good pub though!

I meant nowhere as in nothing around at all and you'd have to sit in the van and wait instead of a nice warm pub. :)

Mr RAC got the van started, using 'easy start' in the air intake.

He pulled 3 fault codes: Crank position sensor, clutch pedal sensor and cruise control/speed limiter.

Mr RAC then followed me back to the local Nissan Dealer.

It then stalled itself at a junction, I started it again with a key, but this time the engine management light came on and it had gone into 'limp' mode, it was soo slow!!

So, I spoke to the dealer about having a replacement vehicle, as stated in the 'Nissan Care'.

http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/assistance/roadside-assistance

She said I needed to phone the Nissan Assistance number, they said that because it broke down less than 31 miles away from our home dealer it was our dealers responsibility to sort a loan vehicle. WACK11111

My boss by this time had come back from the job I hadn't finished this morning, I told him I was being passed around the houses! :evil:

He went mad and phoned Nissan UK. complain.gif1

Now i'm sat in the office whilst he is out doing the afternoon salt deliveries in his car, whilst waiting for the local dealer to get back to us! crazy.gif1  

What a pa-lava! Hate it when nobody seems to want to help you out, especially being as the dealers are all playing for the same "team", they'll beg and harass you to buy their sh1t then want nothing to do with it when it goes wrong!

Spectacular customer service, twats. :(

What a pa-lava! Hate it when nobody seems to want to help you out, especially being as the dealers are all playing for the same "team", they'll beg and harass you to buy their sh1t then want nothing to do with it when it goes wrong!

Spectacular customer service, twats. :(

Yup, it's not as if they are not used to new cars going 'pop' they also stock Shitron!  :roll:

• Like 2

Now fending off semi angry customers whom i'm supposed to have seen today!  :roll:  [smash.gif]

Now fending off semi angry customers whom i'm supposed to have seen today!  :roll:  [smash.gif]

Maybe you should tell them they need to speak to the main dealer, sure that will go down well.

Maybe you should tell them they need to speak to the main dealer, sure that will go down well.

I say angry, more mildly pee'd off!  :wink:

Just had a phone call from some office bod at Nissan UK, they normally provide a Micra to 'keep you moblie' and I was, how the fuck am I meant to work from that!  :roll:

So now I've got to wait for him to get back to me tomorrow  :eek:  :sad:

I said to him, can't I just walk up the hill to my local 'enterprise' and book a van and send you the invoice, he said no, they have to find out if the repair is covered by warranty first!  :eek:  [smash.gif]  [smash.gif]  [smash.gif]

Great, now I've got to postpone £1800 worth of work tomorrow. WACK11111  WACK11111

What an absolute joke mate!! Shitty customer service!! Unbelievable!

You should charge them your loss of work too!!

• Like 1

What an absolute joke mate!! Shitty customer service!! Unbelievable!

You should charge them your loss of work too!!

I'd make them accountable!

How can they even say they need to check it's under warranty? It's virtually brand new, they should just deal with it!

Just had a phone call from some office bod at Nissan UK, they normally provide a Micra to 'keep you moblie' and I was, how the f**k am I meant to work from that!  :roll:

So now I've got to wait for him to get back to me tomorrow  :eek:  :sad:

I said to him, can't I just walk up the hill to my local 'enterprise' and book a van and send you the invoice, he said no, they have to find out if the repair is covered by warranty first!  :eek:  [smash.gif]  [smash.gif]  [smash.gif]

Great, now I've got to postpone £1800 worth of work tomorrow. WACK11111  WACK11111

FFS, what's the point of having a damn warranty then.  :evil:

I'd make them accountable!

x2, tell them they either pay for the van rental or the lost revenue.

• Like 1

Only a local job tomorrow, so, I'm going to get my stuff from the van and drive the bosses car up.

Give them a day to fix it. Not ideal.

Let's hope they get on it to make up for d1cking you around.

Shouldn't even need to give them a day mate. Obv may take a day or two to fix depending on the fault, but they shouldn't allow you to be van-less for any time !!!

Let's hope they get on it to make up for d1cking you around.

Wish I'd gone for a Mercedes vito now! Nearly double the price though!

Next time :-)

Wish I'd gone for a Mercedes vito now! Nearly double the price though!

Next time :smile:

Least it wouldn't be surrendering like the French hamster in the Nissan!

Aparently, so I've been told there is a firm wear upgrade on the ecu needed also they have managed to put the ecu in an area that gets wet under the scuttle drip tray!

Aparently, so I've been told there is a firm wear upgrade on the ecu needed also they have managed to put the ecu in an area that gets wet under the scuttle drip tray!

Smart thinking. :rolleyes:

You'll be seeing the blue screen of death afterwards! :lol:

What genius cheese-eating knobber thought that would be a good place to put the ECU!? 

• Like 1

Yes it's Water in the ecu!

Facepalm.gif

• Like 2

Fantastic design.

• Like 1