ash tray light?

fyfie5

i was just wondering if you could change the light in the ash tray on the cetre console, i cant feel a light and would you have to take the whole thing out to change it? just curious as i dont think anyone has done it before.

yeh suppose but i was just curious on how easy it would be as i store a few things in there would be better with a white led or something else as i fancied a different colour as i want to try it out

you dont have to take any thing other than the astray out mate ;)

iv changed mine for a green one some time ago and looks alot better !

i cant remember exactly how i did it i think i just took the ashtray out and unscrewd the steel mounting bracket to gain access .

you cant use an LED as the light on the led is focused to the top ov the bulb and the ashtray light is a normal bulb ?

give it a go mate but i will say it was a pain in the wee bum :lol:

you will need a small mirror a torch a philips or position screwdriver and alot ov patiants :lol:

i will take a pic ov mine tonight and post it for you ;)

ah i see sounds annoying but ill have a look at it more closely now, is it like a festoon bulb like the interior bulb?

its like a number plate bulb but tiny about 4mm in length mite be smaller tho ?

i got mine from halfords ;) pack ov 2 £3 ish :)

i just had a look took the ash tray out then had a look at the bulb put it back in now it doesnt work any more :(

i think something disconected when i took it all out but i cant seem to fix it was just away to order some new bulbs aswell

well i hope its the bulb that has gone as i was touching it a lot but i doubt it

i just had a look took the ash tray out then had a look at the bulb put it back in now it doesnt work any more :(

i think something disconected when i took it all out but i cant seem to fix it was just away to order some new bulbs aswell

well i hope its the bulb that has gone as i was touching it a lot but i doubt it

usually the case mate :?

just retrace your steps ;)